Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,405   Online: 711

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Depends on the camera. More for a Hasselblad, less for a 35mm camera.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, so far my two most expensive purchases were a Nikon FM2n kit (24, 50, 105) for about 600$ and a Mamiya C330 TLR (105mm) for about the same price. Of course, I can add more bits and pieces to the kit over time, but in terms of onetime expenses, I would set my limit between 1,000$ and 1,5000$.

That would still be enough to get me a nice Mamiya 6 kit, or maybe a bargain Leica kit, a basic Hasselblad kit, or a Rolleiflex 3.5F in good condition. Which for now is as much as I should care to desire (students loan anyone?).
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would (and have) paid good money for used film cameras and lenses...

In the last few years I've acquired a 1964 Leica M2 ($750) and Mamiya RZ kit ($1500+)...actually by the time I sold off the RZ lenses I didn't want, I ended up getting the camera for free. Also an Ebony 45s ($1500) and Mamiya 7...

I'd do the same tomorrow for a nice Hasselblad and/or Rollei and/or 8x10 setup...

This is a great time to be a buyer of film cameras, esp now that the economy is sinking, a lot of folks may be having a fire sale...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What I'd pay if the budget permitted, and what I'd actually pay are slightly different...

If money and budgets didn't matter, I'd like to try renting a Mamiya 7 kit, and if it worked out, buying one new.

Of course, if I could find a Plaubel Makina 67, or a Medalist converted for 120...

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PVia View Post
    I would (and have) paid good money for used film cameras and lenses...

In the last few years I've acquired a 1964 Leica M2 ($750) and Mamiya RZ kit ($1500+)...actually by the time I sold off the RZ lenses I didn't want, I ended up getting the camera for free. Also an Ebony 45s ($1500) and Mamiya 7...

I'd do the same tomorrow for a nice Hasselblad and/or Rollei and/or 8x10 setup...

This is a great time to be a buyer of film cameras, esp now that the economy is sinking, a lot of folks may be having a fire sale...
    If you can rig up a shutter situation, you are welcome to try out my B&J Grover 8x10. I was just talking about selling it. Not the world's greatest 8x10, but it works, and has a 5x7 back as well (and a 4x5 back). We have spoken before, and we are no more than 10 minutes from each other.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If money didn't matter, I'd buy as many cameras as I could get my hands on...

But that's not going to happen, and I have too many cameras than I know what to do with, so I'll spend my money on film, paper, and chemicals and go from there.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    35mm
    My record to date for a single camera system is $45,000. I'm into my 8x10 set up less than $1000. It's entirely relative, and purpose driven.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Jason, if you don't mind me asking "45000" Whoa!? ;>)

I would spend whatever it took to get the camera that would allow me to express conceptual ideas in the best possible way.

As luck would have it, I will be in Tokyo in early January if they have the new Fuji GF folder then it's fate.
    Last edited by JBrunner; 10-27-2008 at 02:19 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Spent 1500 on a F6 two months ago.
    And I don't regret it one bit! Worth every cent of the price.
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by PBrooks View Post
    Jason, if you don't mind me asking "45000" Whoa!? ;>)

I would spend whatever it took to get the camera that would allow me to express conceptual ideas in the best possible way.

As luck would have it, I will be in Tokyo in early January if they have the new Fuji GF folder then it's fate.
    Arriflex SRII 16mm with zoom, primes mags, video tap and accessories. Near state of the art at the time.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin