Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,635   Online: 665

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If I can afford it and I think I'll use it (or even if I don't) then the sky's the limit on how much I'll spend. Realistically with my current income I'm looking more to sell a camera or two than to buy any, but if I really wanted one and could do a month or two without some of the minor luxuries I indulge in I'd spend $300-400.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The most I have ever spent was £500 ($1000) for a mint RB67 with two backs and three lenses. I don't think I will spend that much again unless I get tempted by the Fuji 6x7 folder.

The last camera I bought was a Kodak Retina Reflex III with Schneider f1.9 50mm lense for £20 ($40). That's more my sort of price.

Steve.
    Last edited by Steve Smith; 10-27-2008 at 04:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=david b;699134... how much would you spend on a film camera?[/QUOTE]

As much as I could afford -- I dream of a 7"x17", but must settle for my 8x10 (and an occasional 4x10 to satisfy the panoramic urge.)

But I have been having great fun lately with my newest camera - an old Diana camera I bought for 75 cents (marked down from a dollar) at a local thrift store (opportunity shop).

Vaughn
    Last edited by Vaughn; 10-27-2008 at 04:52 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hard to say, as I don't really need anything right now. An F6 would be nice, but I can't really justify the expense in terms of the use it would get.
    I'd consider more lenses for my Hasselblad or Rollei 6003, but they are not critically needed.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How much I would spend would depend on how much I wanted the camera and how useful it would be for me.

If for instance Hasselblad made a new medium format XPAN rangefinder that shot 6x6 and 6x9, switchable on the same roll, some nice lenses in the lengths I like.

I would probably spend usd$3,000 on a body / standard lens (part financed by selling other gear)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, I have spent over 2.500 USD on a Leica M7 - this includes the VF upgrade and the elimination of the 75mm framelines. I feel this camera is expensive, but very reliable and sturdy, and for the time being I do not see a digital camera of the same kind on the horizon capable of challenging B&W film performance, which is what counts for me. An SLR equivalent of this - a Nikon FM3A, has cost me much less, so have the Hasselblad and Rolleiflex. In MF the bargains are really incredible.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    $14.00 Spotmatic ll w/50 f2
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Arriflex SRII 16mm with zoom, primes mags, video tap and accessories. Near state of the art at the time.
    He meant film camera, not film camera ...

C

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    $14.00 Spotmatic ll w/50 f2
    word
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have just ( a month ago) spent 2300$ on a bran new Hassy 501CM 80CFE and A12 back.... The outfit came from freestyle

I am close to have payed it back with contracts... Seriously, I am totally into film and don't mind paying high price for gear that I will use for many years to come. What Kind of dSLR you get for 2300$ and will it be good in 5 years.... At least the Hassy can be fitted with a di*ital back if needed I mean if film really dies next year like salespersons keep telling me since 2005.

And honestly, if I manage to get enough money for a bran new Leica MP + 50mm Summicron. I will buy it witout any second thought

Kris

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin