Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,100   Online: 885

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    On further reflectionon, the original question about buying cameras and the reference to the current financial crisis, it strikes me that in the next few years we'll be lucky to hang on to to the cameras we already have !
    Ben

Shooter
    Large Format
    As long as there is film and paper I will keep buying. This year I have spent over $4000 on large format and more darkroom supplies. Don't tell the wife. I used a Nikon F4 since it came out, untill I switched to a large format Gandolfi Vaiant III. The nikon F4e was the best workhorse from nikon. If you hand meter and want knobs for instant control (no LCD push buttons) remember there are only 2 things you can do to the camera, SPEED and APERTURE all other controlls are bells and whistles. OK got off track, my point is you can get a $2500 Nikon F4e or F4s for under $300. Lots of deals for large format as well. I will keep on spending.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just spent $50 on a Voigtlander Vito B. It arrived today in the mail. It is a beautiful bit of gear and I can't wait to shoot a few rolls with it. Although I shoot digital at work I love the feel and look of the old metal bodied film cameras. I'm well stocked with film cameras but would spend up to $600 on another MF body or lens.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I just spent $950 on a Noblex 6/150F, but I sold off a few items to cover a bit over half the cost.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just picked up a leica M6 TTL for $1,200.. Oh, what a camera !!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It depends how amped the camera got me. In other words if it was a very rare camera a like a 24kt Gold Plated Nikon FA I would surely produce 3 figures in cold cash.
    ------------------------------------
    -Joe
    RB67, ETR, ETRS, F4, F5, FM3a, A1, AE1,
    Bronica-S, Mamiya-7, Yashica TLR, & many many Range finders
    ------------------------------------

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedog View Post
    Just spent $50 on a Voigtlander Vito B. It arrived today in the mail. It is a beautiful bit of gear and I can't wait to shoot a few rolls with it. Although I shoot digital at work I love the feel and look of the old metal bodied film cameras. I'm well stocked with film cameras but would spend up to $600 on another MF body or lens.
    Hi Bluedog,I have a Vito B I bought new in 1959 the camera cost just over £20 in those days, and I got the Voigtlander rangefinder and lens hood with it all are still mint, and I should use them more, this little gem is capable of excellent results, is pocketable at a pinch, and they just don't make cameras with this build quality any more, but I have so many cameras I can't use them all at once.
    You might find this link useful for a new owner http://licm.org.uk/livingImage/VitoB2Survey.html , I hope you enjoy the Vito B..
    Last edited by benjiboy; 11-30-2008 at 10:39 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not quite $1000 (at today's exchange rate) on a wide version Texas Leica with 22 on the counter and a decent Sekonic meter and bag. It arrived this morning and has virtually no signs of use. In case anyone recalls the name, it isn't the one I mentioned in my recent thread in the Ethics & Philosophy forum.

Now I really must sell the cameras that I promised myself I would ...........................

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Hi Bluedog,I have a Vito B I bought new in 1959 the camera cost just over £20 in those days, and I got the Voigtlander rangefinder and lens hood with it all are still mint, and I should use them more, this little gem is capable of excellent results, is pocketable at a pinch, and they just don't make cameras with this build quality any more, but I have so many cameras I can't use them all at once.
    You might find this link useful for a new owner http://licm.org.uk/livingImage/VitoB2Survey.html , I hope you enjoy the Vito B..
    Thanks for the link Benjiboy. Everything seems to be working OK with my Vito B, but will know for sure after I develop my first film. It is a great little camera and lots of fun to use. These cameras are certainly built to last. I just picked up a rangefinder for it which should arrive soon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedog View Post
    Thanks for the link Benjiboy. Everything seems to be working OK with my Vito B.
    I have just bought one of these too. It's a fantastic small but solidly built work of manufacturing precision.

Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I have a Vito B I bought new in 1959 the camera cost just over £20 in those days.
    Mine cost me £17 including postage a couple of months ago!

These can often be picked up cheap when the seller thinks the shutter doesn't work, not realising they need a film to cock the shutter.

I also have a Vitomatic II which adds a rangefinder and a meter but the Vito B is my favourite of the two.

Steve.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin