Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,754   Posts: 1,515,944   Online: 962

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    £1000 seems to get you a lot these days, body and lens or just body, most expensive camera yet was a £3000 Arriflex 2C motion picture camera.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I agree: Depends on the camera.

These days, not much. $50 is my limit.

My most expensive film cameras:

-- The new Zeiss Ikon rangefinder (new)

-- Zeiss Ikon Contaflex TLR

-- Zeiss Ikon Contarex Hologon Ultrawide

I bought them to use, not to fondle.

Before it's all over, I would still like an Alpa.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Next year I'm going to splurge out and buy a brand new Rolleiflex, and relegate my current 6003 to backup status. Strangely, I don't feel guilty about doing this even though it is a huge outlay for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd love a brand new Nikon F6 but IDK if I can justify NZ$4000.. Which is about USD$2000, which of course is overpriced compared to the USA new price. I'm seriously thinking about giving KEH US $1200 or so for a 2nd hand one, that's about my limit really

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Spend as much as you can afford on as little as you need.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just spent $100 for Nikon FE & Cosina 35-70mm lens and will buy $80 Nikon F70 with 28-80mm AF-D lens. Probably not a very good gears but that's all I need. I have 2 prime MF lens that I got for $100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jongcelebes View Post
    Just spent $100 for Nikon FE & Cosina 35-70mm lens and will buy $80 Nikon F70 with 28-80mm AF-D lens. Probably not a very good gears but that's all I need. I have 2 prime MF lens that I got for $100.
    The F70 is the same as the N70 in North America. The N75 is a real trooper and is very serviceable. I also have an F100 which gives more flexibility, but I would not have and have not had a problem taking the N75 only on an important trip if I had to.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Today? Well, lets see. I have $10.00 in my wallet and I have not eaten lunch yet. I guess not much.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft View Post
    Today? Well, lets see. I have $10.00 in my wallet and I have not eaten lunch yet. I guess not much.
    You can afford a wallet?

Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Up until last Christmas, I hadn't bought a camera more expensive than £150 in my life. Some years ago I obtained an EOS 5 for about £100 which was an absolute bargain and cut my teeth using that. It went kaputt last Christmas and I replaced it with the EOS 3 which is so much better to handle than use than the EOS 5, they're world's apart.

However 2 days ago I bought my most expensive camera to date - a Leica M2. I paid £300 and it's in pretty good condition (especially from the front) and very happy with it.

But that is about the maximum that I'd pay for any camera as I'm old enough, probably wise enough and hopefully not that ugly enough to know it's more about the glass and most importantly the person behind the viewfinder which counts for much more.

Vicky

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin