Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,552   Online: 977

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the head coroner would shoot all his autopsies. you cant imagine how people die and what we do to each other....
    all I can say is that photos don't smell.....

While I never worked in a photo lab, while dropping by I saw plenty. I've heard people ask about dropping their film and making it fuzzy. I also watched one woman complain about an odd pattern on her photo. The tech asked her which one and she showed him the print while grabbing the negative with her bare fingers and (holding both sides with her fingers) showed him which frame. Yup, the "odd pattern" was an enlarged fingerprint.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Our photographers sometimes came back sick and explained why. In particular, the odor affected them.

BTW. Someone said that I looked like Ilya Kuryakin when I was young. JK.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My wife has witessed autopsies in the past. The smell gets everyone, as it connects directly to your brain, and you can't filter it. At least the ones she saw were fresh.
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rub Vaseline under your nose! I'm told it helps.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I can relate to "Ducky" somewhat. (call or write about this one if it is obscure to you )

PE
    You had a hyperactive hottie roaming around?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nope.

But I need a Caf-Pow!

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    I farted in the darkroom just as I put a sheet of 11x14 fibre base paper into the developing tray....I thought I was going to die....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Confusion Circle View Post
    I farted in the darkroom just as I put a sheet of 11x14 fibre base paper into the developing tray....I thought I was going to die....
    Reminds me of when we did sepia toning at my school

Shooter
    35mm

Priceless moments

Here's one from my Dye Transfer Days:

When I was a student at Ryerson Polytechnic Institute in the 1970's (now known as Ryerson Polytechnic University), I was required to make dye transfer prints. The first one was made from three negatives which were produced in-camera, using three sharp-cutting separation filters; said negatives were made using Kodak Super-XX Pan film. The problem with that film was getting enough contrast for the blue-filter negative, with the HC-110 developer we were using.

The development times got a bit long, to say the least; I recall that the time for that negative was something like 20 minutes in HC-110, dilution A. I was merrily "tray shuffling" several sheets of film, and just as the 20-minute mark came up on the timer, one of my friends, who had been leaning against the wall, stood up. In doing do, he brushed against a light switch, and the lights came on.

I will never forget the shocked look on his face! His punishment for messing up our film was to take the next 20-minute turn developing the film!

BTW, we were the last group to use Super-XX/HC-110 combo; the next bunch of students got to use Separation Negative Film, Type 2 and DK-50, which gave more contrast and much shorter times!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Terrence;

I'm surprised at that. AFAIK, HC110 was never recommended for use with DT separations.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin