Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,978   Online: 805

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mabman View Post
    A medium format camera that I can mount an old Petzval lens on and have some semblance of a focus mechanism. Why? I really like some of the work I've seen (particularly here) with the Petzvals, but I'm not into large format.

I suppose the "official" answer is to get a view camera with a rollfilm back, but for me right now that just seems too large and awkward.

I may have to look into getting bellows for my Kiev 60 and modifying a body cap for this purpose (unless someone has a better idea, of course)...
    Bronica S2a and Rollei SL66 are good candidates for this kind of adaptation. The Bronica has a dual mount system--Bronica bayonet, and 57x1mm screw mount, designed so that press camera shooters could easily adapt their press lenses. The focusing helical or bellows is separate from the lens and the body, and there is a focal plane shutter, so you just need a Petzval and a threaded ring, which could be made by a machinist like SK Grimes (well, not the late Mr. Grimes himself, but the folks who took over his shop). The Rollei has bellows focus independent of the lens, but I don't know as much about the mount.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    An 11x14. Yes, I've gone off the rails.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    More lenses for my Hasselblad. I have my dream camera. Currently I only have the 80mm. Not interested in wide angle, so a 100mm, 120mm, 150mm, 180mm, and a 250mm would be absolutely fantastic. And a second body, a few more film mags, a prism.
    That's all I need.
    - Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hmmm- RolleiWide, RolleiTele in medium format. Particularly the new RolleiTele, which can close-focus without closeup lenses. In ULF, I'm hot for a 12x20 that can be used in both landscape and portrait modes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have developed a lust for a 617 recently. Can't decide whether to get a 617 back for one of my 5x7s or perhaps I should try a fotoman...

*thou shalt not covet, thou shalt not covet...*

Lens-wise, I want a Nikon 45mm t&s lens.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Further to my previous answer I would like to get the 28mm and 135mm lenses for the Kodak Retina Reflex III I bought recently. Perhaps I can make them my christmas present this year!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have my dream cameras to the point that now guilt is bigger than lust. However I do sort of lust for a completely adjustable controlable non analog camera so I can more easily put a bunch of stuff on auction. I never have owned even the cheapest of dgi camera in my life and have no interest except now I have a bunch of non photo stuff to sell.
    Dennis
    I would lust for a Rollei Tele but I fear being struck down for greed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any 6x12 or 6x17 (not a film back for a large format, a hand holdable kind) and an 8x10 cold light enlarger to print the bad boys.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    after seeing Photomc's ritter....

a 12x20 ritter to replace my F&S 12x20.
    Nigel Tufnel: It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none.
    None more black.

jja

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I just got a Nikkor 45/2.8 AI-P, so now I need an FM2n, in chrome!

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin