Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,942   Posts: 1,585,731   Online: 1091

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    You could be re-inventing the wheel.

There's an excellent program Dlab/Wlab which does the same and an awful lot more. Sorry i don't want to take the wind from your sails

Ian
    Choice is always good (so the more software the merrier ), and the programs seem different enogh although some functionality overlaps. Thanks for the link (I didn't find this when searching for darkroom software earlier)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have to agree choice is a good thing. Wlab & Dlab aren't perfect but they do fine for me at the moment.

The useful features for me are the ability to do a time / temperature compensation calculation, unit conversions and it's audible countdown at the end of each step.

I don't own or wear a watch and we don't havre a clock in our apartment so any program is useful, yours is simple and functional and in reality thats all thats really neded.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In some sense it is about choice, but it's also about near universal compatibility (Java code) versus lock-in to one operating system. Yes, I know the OS is a choice as well, and there's always virtual machine software that one can install, but that often leads to other problems, and a "native" application is usually preferred.

A programming request and notes for devDB:

It would be nice to have sound prompts in devDB.

I just tried to enter data for Thomas Bertilsson's post today for stand development of Plus-X in HC-110 for 30 minutes. The agitation notation for that should be 90/90:10/290 for agitation for first 90 seconds, then agitation for 10 seconds every 5 minutes thereafter. This caused the following display: "Agitation: WAIT Could not parse", so I suspect that the notation for longer agitation cycles isn't handled properly. It would be nice to have this handled properly.

I do really like the large area for comments.

Thanks for your efforts Sverrir.

Lee

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    A programming request and notes for devDB:

It would be nice to have sound prompts in devDB.
    Agreed. That will be added.

I just tried to enter data for Thomas Bertilsson's post today for stand development of Plus-X in HC-110 for 30 minutes. The agitation notation for that should be 90/90:10/290 for agitation for first 90 seconds, then agitation for 10 seconds every 5 minutes thereafter. This caused the following display: "Agitation: WAIT Could not parse", so I suspect that the notation for longer agitation cycles isn't handled properly. It would be nice to have this handled properly.
    Thanks for the nice words and the error report.
    I've tried this (30 minutes ad 90/90:10/290) on both Ubuntu Linux 8.10 (with java 5 and 6) and on windows with java 5 and there were no issues. The error should only occur if there are actual parsing problems (for example a misplaced character in the agitation string).
    What OS and what Java are you running?
    BR
    /sverrir

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sveppi View Post
    I've tried this (30 minutes ad 90/90:10/290) on both Ubuntu Linux 8.10 (with java 5 and 6) and on windows with java 5 and there were no issues. The error should only occur if there are actual parsing problems (for example a misplaced character in the agitation string).
    What OS and what Java are you running?
    BR
    /sverrir
    Checked the entries I had and found that the string was 90/90:10:290. I didn't notice it because of the default fixed window width for that field and the ellipsis display for long strings, and the fact that I was playing with it between other demands and wasn't as careful and thorough as I should have been. It's working with the corrected string. Ubuntu 8.04 and Sun Java 6 or OpenJDK Java 6. It's working under both Javas now. Maybe a wider window for that field would be nice.

Thanks again,
    Lee

Shooter
    35mm
    Checked the entries I had and found that the string was 90/90:10:290. I didn't notice it because of the default fixed window width for that field and the ellipsis display for long strings, and the fact that I was playing with it between other demands and wasn't as careful and thorough as I should have been. It's working with the corrected string. Ubuntu 8.04 and Sun Java 6 or OpenJDK Java 6. It's working under both Javas now. Maybe a wider window for that field would be nice.

Thanks again,
    Lee
    Great. I noticed that it needs a wider wcolumn and also a clearer error message...
    BR
    (/s

Shooter
    35mm
    A new version (2.02) is up, with sound support and a bit better error messages for the agitation string.
    You'll find it at http://nilemada.com/?page_id=7 as before

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks. Works great here.

Lee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin