Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,942   Posts: 1,585,731   Online: 1091
      
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    You could be re-inventing the wheel.

    There's an excellent program Dlab/Wlab which does the same and an awful lot more. Sorry i don't want to take the wind from your sails

    Ian
    Choice is always good (so the more software the merrier ), and the programs seem different enogh although some functionality overlaps. Thanks for the link (I didn't find this when searching for darkroom software earlier)

  2. #12
    Ian Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    West Midlands, UK, and Turkey
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    16,439
    Images
    148
    Have to agree choice is a good thing. Wlab & Dlab aren't perfect but they do fine for me at the moment.

    The useful features for me are the ability to do a time / temperature compensation calculation, unit conversions and it's audible countdown at the end of each step.

    I don't own or wear a watch and we don't havre a clock in our apartment so any program is useful, yours is simple and functional and in reality thats all thats really neded.

    Ian

  3. #13
    Lee L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,244
    In some sense it is about choice, but it's also about near universal compatibility (Java code) versus lock-in to one operating system. Yes, I know the OS is a choice as well, and there's always virtual machine software that one can install, but that often leads to other problems, and a "native" application is usually preferred.

    A programming request and notes for devDB:

    It would be nice to have sound prompts in devDB.

    I just tried to enter data for Thomas Bertilsson's post today for stand development of Plus-X in HC-110 for 30 minutes. The agitation notation for that should be 90/90:10/290 for agitation for first 90 seconds, then agitation for 10 seconds every 5 minutes thereafter. This caused the following display: "Agitation: WAIT Could not parse", so I suspect that the notation for longer agitation cycles isn't handled properly. It would be nice to have this handled properly.

    I do really like the large area for comments.

    Thanks for your efforts Sverrir.

    Lee

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    A programming request and notes for devDB:

    It would be nice to have sound prompts in devDB.
    Agreed. That will be added.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    I just tried to enter data for Thomas Bertilsson's post today for stand development of Plus-X in HC-110 for 30 minutes. The agitation notation for that should be 90/90:10/290 for agitation for first 90 seconds, then agitation for 10 seconds every 5 minutes thereafter. This caused the following display: "Agitation: WAIT Could not parse", so I suspect that the notation for longer agitation cycles isn't handled properly. It would be nice to have this handled properly.
    ...
    Thanks for the nice words and the error report.
    I've tried this (30 minutes ad 90/90:10/290) on both Ubuntu Linux 8.10 (with java 5 and 6) and on windows with java 5 and there were no issues. The error should only occur if there are actual parsing problems (for example a misplaced character in the agitation string).
    What OS and what Java are you running?
    BR
    /sverrir

  5. #15
    Lee L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,244
    Quote Originally Posted by sveppi View Post
    I've tried this (30 minutes ad 90/90:10/290) on both Ubuntu Linux 8.10 (with java 5 and 6) and on windows with java 5 and there were no issues. The error should only occur if there are actual parsing problems (for example a misplaced character in the agitation string).
    What OS and what Java are you running?
    BR
    /sverrir
    Checked the entries I had and found that the string was 90/90:10:290. I didn't notice it because of the default fixed window width for that field and the ellipsis display for long strings, and the fact that I was playing with it between other demands and wasn't as careful and thorough as I should have been. It's working with the corrected string. Ubuntu 8.04 and Sun Java 6 or OpenJDK Java 6. It's working under both Javas now. Maybe a wider window for that field would be nice.

    Thanks again,
    Lee

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    Checked the entries I had and found that the string was 90/90:10:290. I didn't notice it because of the default fixed window width for that field and the ellipsis display for long strings, and the fact that I was playing with it between other demands and wasn't as careful and thorough as I should have been. It's working with the corrected string. Ubuntu 8.04 and Sun Java 6 or OpenJDK Java 6. It's working under both Javas now. Maybe a wider window for that field would be nice.

    Thanks again,
    Lee
    Great. I noticed that it needs a wider wcolumn and also a clearer error message...
    BR
    (/s

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    11
    A new version (2.02) is up, with sound support and a bit better error messages for the agitation string.
    You'll find it at http://nilemada.com/?page_id=7 as before

  8. #18
    Lee L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,244
    Thanks. Works great here.

    Lee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin