Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,954   Posts: 1,522,800   Online: 956

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren View Post
    Hmm Ole, Doesn't the skopar also have six air/glass surfaces? Though according to the Vade Mecum the Heliar is 5 lenses in three groups and the Skopar is four lenses in three groups.
    Kind regards
    Exactly Søren; the Skopar is a Tessar(clone). So the Heliar has an extra (cemented) element in one of the groups.

The extreme case of x-in-three is the Schneider-Göttingen Aero-Xenar 300mm f:5.5, which seems to be eight or nine elements in three groups, combinet as a kind of "super-Heliar".
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format

Guru Fishing alert :)

BTW.
    Are there films that are better suited for those lenses than others e.g. clasic emulsion like Adox prefered over modern T-grain like Tmax ( just an example, don't know Tmax)
    I have a Zeiss Ikonta 35mm with a 45mm novar and I made some pics on FP4+ and though they where developed and printed in a comercial lab they had something special, some kind of glow. The tonality really was stunning.
    Kind regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    Exactly Søren; the Skopar is a Tessar(clone). So the Heliar has an extra (cemented) element in one of the groups.

The extreme case of x-in-three is the Schneider-Göttingen Aero-Xenar 300mm f:5.5, which seems to be eight or nine elements in three groups, combinet as a kind of "super-Heliar".

Hmm Funny though, the color Heliars looks like the older Skopars 4/3 and the color skopars look like older heliar 5/3
    Kind regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There were an uncountable variations of Tessars,
    and Heliars. A name is just a name is just a name..

As for looking for a magic film, well, just like with the lens, the magic comes from how you use it.

The magic is up to you,
    not the lens, not the film,
    just you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This topic interests me very much, because I have long wanted to have a Bessa II rangefinder, which is available with both the Skopar and the Heliar (and also the very rare APO-Lanthar). The Heliar version is more expensive than the one with the Skopar, so I'm very curious as to what people thought they were buying, in image terms, when they selected one version or another. I have a 210mm Heliar for large format, and find it soft and romantic looking wide open--but I'm not sure that's the look I want from a Bessa II.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    Heliars and Tessars have the same number of air/glass surfaces: Six. Just like triplets.
    D'Oh. My bad counting and thoughtless rephrasing from the vade medum. :rolleyes:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin