Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,654   Online: 1209

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can't remeber the actor's name, but at the end of Bridge Over the River Kwai, the doctor sees William Holden's character as he dies and falls on the plunger that blows up the train and bridge. I think the final line is applicable here: "Its maddness! Maddness!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean

Since using the new Holga filter for my D300 camera and an Epson 9600x photographic ultra chrome archival print maker, well, I have to say the result is life changing. I feel like a breath of fresh air has lifted my artistic exploration into the stratosphere! I take photographs with my D300, upload to photoshop, apply the Holga filter, and print.

Hey! Who let this digihead in here? I thought that this place had standards. I vote that we cancel this guy's APUG membership immediately
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You're all just a bunch of jealous elitist luddites! Fine, ban me, but don't come crying to me when you can't register on DPUG!

Shooter
    35mm
    Wow! DPUG! That's just what I've been waiting for!

Now, it's time to upgrade my Coolpix 2000, so:

Could you advise re:

Camera model
    Software
    Computer needed to run it
    Printer
    Ink type
    Paper type

I can spend up to US$100.

Jorge O

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe I am missing something, but if you don't want the look of a pinhole, why would you use one??? The reason why people use it is exactly for the sort of "look" it has. Otherwise, why not use a camera with a regular lens?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    All the wonderful gadgetry....

We are caught in the "full-feature" age - where the electronic gadgetmakers are hanging useless junk on everything - software is only one example.

After my Olympus OM4 went underwater in the "great flood" that we had here a few years ago, I checked out the latest whiz-bang electronically controlled cameras.

I looked at the latest model from Pentax - is Honeywell still involved? - and after reading some of the manual dealing with the marvelously intricate programmable functions ... "In this mode, the aperture will be set before the shutter speed is determined, and the lens will focus on the nearest bright object, and refocus before the flash exposure...."

Needless to say, I gave up. I had concluded that I didn't even have a foggy idea of WHY all this was relevant.... or why anyone in their right minds would CARE.

My wife just bought a *NEW*!! Cell phone. All the latest. It is now close to slapstick comedy watching her trying to use the thing. I, myself, have actually figured out how to find out who called, when I missed the call on my old, obsolete Nokia ... I was going to check the model number, but my wife borrowed it again. She knew how to place a simple phone call, and answer the thing when it rang. I know that the old one has the capability of being used as a calculator -- I've never done that. It has "games" -- I've never used that, either.

There are distinct vantages to being a Luddite. At least I *know* what is happening when I use my Hasselblad 503Cx - which operates *without* batteries.

It is a JOY to be operate "in CONTROL" of my (photographic) destiny - and to make my OWN mistakes. At least I can understand what happened without going to page 38b, figure 17, of the manual.

BTW - I know that Hasselblad translates to "hazel leaf"... chosen during a walk through a Swedish wood.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your wife has a NEW cell phone? I have yet to get my first one. I really do not like to be that in touch with the rest of the world. I have only grudgingly moved to a simple beeper so my wife can get hold of me in case of an emergency.

I also believe that all theatres, opera houses, symphony venues, etc should have about 100 old cell phones on hand. If anyone in the audience has a cell phone go off during a performance they are dragged outside and held untill after the show. The first one hundred people who exit after the performance are then given one of the old phones to "stone" the offender with.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    cell phones are dodgy. new studies show that the radiation opens the blood brain barrier, which then allows all kinds of nasties to lodge into your brain. One scientist said that according to his calculations, regular cell phone users should start getting extremely senile after 15yrs of use. He says that when all the cell crazy teenagers of today reach their 30's there will be a global epidemic of 30 year olds with 90yr old senile brains! I stay away from them!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin