Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,306   Online: 1105

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The perfect camera should have selective depth of field, automatically adjust to a broad range of contrast levels. Operate immediately at the speed of light and have direct access to a high speed filing system.

Lucky me, I have had two since the day I was born. My eyes, one of the best gifts ever given to mankind!
    - Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've been contemplating this from the angle: "If all my cameras were to disappear and a genie in a bottle appeared and gave me one wish - any single camera that I asked for..."

I would choose the camera that I use most: The Hasselblad 503Cx (or possibly one of the more "updated" versions of the same - possibly ...).

I just love this puppy. Flaws and idiosyncrasies ... of course, but I really wouldn't want anything else. One learns to work with, and integrate - and feel perfectly comfortable with - the "oddities".

If the wish was expanded to two ... I'd probably go with a Leica M6 - or whatever that model is up to now... Three - I've been "watching" the Ebony 4 x 5. Four - or maybe "two" or something ... The Olympus OM-4 system I have now ...
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    True perfection is imperfect or something like that...depends what you want to do and where. I'd never want to be without LF but otherwise a rollfilm rangefinder (Mamiya 6 or 7) with interchangeable lenses is probably the best-reasonably compact and light too.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    [quote="Ed Sukach"] I would choose the camera that I use most: The Hasselblad 503Cx (or possibly one of the more "updated" versions of the same - possibly ...quote]

I would too. In fact, a gift from the tooth fairy is about the _only_ way I'll ever obtain one (with a couple of backs - please).

Truly, dr bob.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin