Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,818   Online: 968

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    bob100684 you must be in BC -or perhaps Washington State.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Over my desk at work? Well, we call them letter carrier cases at the Post Office as they aren't really desks, and we only slave behind them sorting mail for a couple hours a day before wandering around in the fresh air.

Mine has enough route information for a temp to come in and make a go of doing my job if I call in sick. Then there's the photographs of my wife and daughter. Then there's the list I started five years ago for the appearance dates in the spring for swallows, black flying ants, and bumble bees.

I'm looking forward to seeing how all these change over time until I retire

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    at home I don't have anything hanging over my desk but I have few of my prints hanging on the wall in front of my desk. at work, who cares...
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I almost forgot I have a desk it is so piled with books and mags and mail. Above it is a small antelope antler with a rollei strap and a stop watch hanging and a picture of Marilyn Monroe naked on a red cloth as well as a picture of Neil Young playing guitar. But the more important space is over my counters.
    Dennis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Over my desk I have four of my prints and one of Kerik's platinum prints I bought after taking one of his workshops.
    Dan
    Daniel Williams
    Enumclaw WA USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A photo of my wife.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    its a moulding/shelf
    with a handful of stuff on it
    a bell jar filled with polapan slides,
    a fossil,
    2 dead "C" batteries
    container filled with pennies
    paint brush, lens cells
    harmonica
    soviet era alarm clock (doens't keep time well)
    family picutres
    buzz lightyear's calf+foot
    reflective light adapter for my MIA light meter
    kneaded rubber eraser
    and 2 acorns,
    "stuff"
    and dust.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markbb View Post
    We have a 'clean desk' policy, stuff can be(and has been)removed and disposed. We don't have anything over our desks as we work in an 'open' office.
    I'm in the same situation as Mark, or perhaps even worse! We just moved to a new office a few months back and are hot-desking, whereby you have a small cupboard with all your worldly goods and then you have to find a desk to work at. Because about half of us work outside of the office for at least part of the week,there are about 15% fewer desks than staff even though there is enough room for us all to have our own desk.

Desks must be completely clear each night and eating at a desk is (almost) a hanging offence. And don't even think of putting up a calendar anywhere, or even a Christmas card (since it's that time of year)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've just moved jobs and I have a seat next to a window with just about enough room to place a small(ish) calendar. As a big fan of Ansel Adams, I'm hoping my wife has bought me the 2009 edition. If not, I'll have to buy my own. That's what going to hang next to my desk at work.

At home, I have the usual assortment of boxes of pens and CD / DVD cases, an A4 ring binder into which I'm placing my negs as the 'analog' collection grows but, sadly, I'm lacking a couple of inspirational prints. Rather than go for yet more of Ansel Adams' works, does anyone have any suggestions? Something relaxing in 'mono' with trees or waterfalls would be favourite. As I don't have a darkroom or even a digital printer, it would need to be something available commercially in the UK up to about 16x20 inches. Any suggestions....(sensible ones, please)?
    Paul Jenkin (a late developer...)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A dark cloud!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin