Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,761   Online: 941

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Have this above my computer at home

Shot this about three years ago with my Leica M3 and I think Plus X or FP4, can't remember the film but Elevator made the fibre print before I started printing myself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flatiron2.jpg  
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Falkland Islands: not any more now I'm in Lincolnshire UK
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am amazed at the answers to this post. I speak English but did not understand what it was about. What am I missing?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Norman, for most people the desk is where they spend their working day. The question of what is hanging over it is to show what personal item keeps a person attached to himself or his life aesthetic. A lot of times what hangs over a desk is somewhat random, though still from synchronicity does have some relevance. The difference in perspective comes from some relating to a desk that is in a creative space and some from a desk that is in a necessitated work environment.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 23mjm View Post
    A dark cloud!
    Took the words right outta' my mouth!
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Books, Books, and more books (I'm a College Prof). Also some of my prints (colour and B&W, 8X10 to 16X20). Letters and cards from students, including a collage of students at a grad party. The students made the collage, signed it and gave it to me in the last class of the semester. I also have some wood carvings from northern Ontario (Webeque, Landsdowne House, Summer Beaver). My semester schedule is also on the wall next to my desk so I know where the hell I'm going every day.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Black View Post
    I'm in the same situation as Mark, or perhaps even worse! We just moved to a new office a few months back and are hot-desking
    We've been told we are moving, to a 'new and exciting development' (ie souless concrete slab) and hot desking will be implemented, with not enough desks for the number of people. It's going to be like a huge game of musical chairs, presumably those who arrive too late will hover behind their seated colleagues ready to pounce if one of them goes to the bog.

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Only the best
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails desk.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I do most of my work at home. The study is also the dry side of the darkroom. The wet side is in an adjacent bathroom. So there's a Thomas Duplex safelight hanging over my desk, among other things.

Since the desk and the darkroom are in such close proximity, it's fairly easy to shoot a quick 4x5", attached, and process it instantly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DG,Desk,18Dec2008.jpg  
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have an AA print over my desk.... and one by Jorge to the side.
    -Rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On and around the desk, and on every surface in my study, is all sorts of 'stuff', but actually over the desk there's just a calendar of Japanese folding screens my dad gave me last year, and a small framed reproduction of a Rembrandt drawing of a wild boar in red chalk.

However, I'm not writing this at my desk, but at my dad's as I'm visiting for Christmas. Over his desk hang three framed pictures: an abstract etching, a reproduction of an illuminated manuscript and, rather gratifyingly, a cyanotype diptych of mine that I gave him for Christmas.

(Of course, he can always take it down after I've gone back home!)

Peter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin