Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,329   Posts: 1,537,192   Online: 816

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Lee Filter Holder - Lost screw and spring mechanism

I lost the screw and spring from my lee filter holder yesterday while packing my camera back into my bag while out shooting. I searched around in the grass and leaves but unfortunatly I couldnt find them

Can anyone say if its best to contact Lee directly for a replacement or if I should contact the dealers? I'm hoping I wont have to replace the entire holder.

Can anyone advise please?

Fintan

Shooter
    35mm
    I would advise you to call or email Lee. While you are at it , buy a couple of spares.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Same thing happened to me when I was on assignment overseas. I managed to get by just fine using the spring from a retractable ball pt. pen and a metric screw from the hardware store. However, if you desire a factory replace, contact the Lee office in Ca.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just to update the thread, I contacted Lee in the UK and they sent me the part for free which is very much appreciated.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lee provides fantastic customer service. My wife bought me a filter (as a present) which was a duplicate of one I already had. I rang Lee's UK operation and explained what had happened and they happily exchanged it for one I really wanted (top half 0.9 hard ND, bottom half 81B warm up).

I was also looking for a wide angle holder for a lens with a 95mm filter thread. Lee makes one but it will vignette. The chap at Lee told me they get round this by producing a 'push-on' version with a 100mm diameter and a 'shim' that fits snugly onto the lens. Their products aren't cheap but, in my experience, they are the best.
    Paul Jenkin (a late developer...)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin