Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,603   Online: 1100

Shooter
    Medium Format

displaying your camera and lens collection

Hi,

I want to have my camera gear under glass in an attractive display case. The store type display cases are functional but not nice to look at everyday. I was wondering if someone may have found an nice solution.

Ideally, this would have the utility of a store glass display with the style that would lend itself to fitting into a livingroom setting.

Thanks for any thoughts you might share.

Yuri

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try looking in an Ikea catalogue/store. I assume that they've reached the US by now

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks. Yes, I have been to IKEA. They have some glass displays, but I would like something with storage (out of view) underneath.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    What about a Curio Cabinet. Many models come with drawers or doors at the bottom and halogen lights for the glass display top. Skies the limit for elegance, depending on your taste.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by yurihuta View Post
    Hi,

I want to have my camera gear under glass in an attractive display case. The store type display cases are functional but not nice to look at everyday. I was wondering if someone may have found an nice solution.

Ideally, this would have the utility of a store glass display with the style that would lend itself to fitting into a livingroom setting.

Thanks for any thoughts you might share.

Yuri
    I prefer to display behind the doors of a safe, though not in the living room.
    Don Bryant

You often can find nice antique display cases if you shop around.

Peter Gomena

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What about a chat with the local carpenter or should I say cabinetmaker?

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    something like this?

A guy, called Maro Saywer has made this cubbard..
    saw it on LF forum - hope he finds it ok to show it here - it surely is impressive; not least, as he has made it him self (or modyfied an old cheap cubbard..)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails objektivskab.jpg  

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yurihuta View Post
    Thanks. Yes, I have been to IKEA. They have some glass displays, but I would like something with storage (out of view) underneath.
    I've got an IKEA cabinet - glass doors above, solid wood below. Keeps the lenses on display and the books free from dust. Except for the lenses that don't fit because they are too big, or too many, or... - and simply sit on top of the whole thing. And the books I seem to pull out as soon as I've put them in the cabinet because they're too frequently useful to keep them in another room where the cabinet is.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin