Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,350   Online: 1036

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Walking through the park and reminiscing...

Who remembers the (very) old booths to get ones picture taken with a friend, or just ones self?

How did they do that? Was that done with positive paper or did it use a negative and print along the way? What has happened to those cameras?

Anyone? Anyone?
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nowadays around my city, Melbourne, they are mostly digital, but I think there are still some analog ones, like two black and white ones at Flinders Street Station. The movie "Amelie" features those photo booths quite heavily.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a library book titled 'American Photobooth' out on loan at the moment. It has some history of photobooths but is mostly reproductions of photos made in these things over the decades. Essentially they were automated studios & darkrooms with all the usual chemicals involved.
    http://www.photobooth.net/
    this site has a wealth of information about photobooths.

Shooter
    35mm
    Reminds me of one at a street carnival in my home town back when I was in high school (late 1960's era). We got a paper strip with 4 photos for 50 cents (??) or so. I wonder what they did with the negatives, or did they do it that way? Where did they all go to, that big landfill in the sky (or just out of town)?

paulie

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    That is what I was wondering. What an awesome collection of anonymous portraits?
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin