Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,493   Posts: 1,542,983   Online: 879

View Poll Results: What operating system do you use?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mac

14 23.33%
  • Windows

37 61.67%
  • Linux/Unix

7 11.67%
  • CP/M

0 0%
  • Vic 20

1 1.67%
  • Other

1 1.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I use Linux for our servers at work and my personal pc at home. The desktop OS at work is W98, for now.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm a Mac user, at work and at home

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What about CP/M 2.0 on a Commodore 128? Which box do I click? Hard to believe that was a dual processor machine...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Back in the old days I used a CP/M machine called a Hardy 801. Used 8 inch floppy. I think the only programs we used that weren't home grown was VisiCalc and WordStar. Dual drive machine, no hard drive, 1 floppy drive for the program and one for your data. Bleeding edge stuff back then!!
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    After total nightmares with win98 I was reluctant to go to XP, but have been very pleased with XP so far. I found with 98 the more you installed the slower it got, and more unstable it got. Although XP is better, I'm starting to find my install running a bit sluggish lately. I am probably due for a fresh re-build to clean things up and regain some performance. I have tinkered with Linux and like how it's evolving, but it's just not there yet as a fully functional desktop (lacks many apps, gaming, etc). OSX is awesome and it's tragic that Microsoft was clever enough to beat them out of the global desktop market. I'd much rather see the world using OSX than XP, but oh well...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Linux for work and wherever I can get away with it, and windows at home. However, I scavenged a Mac, put OSX on it, and am getting rather attached. I'm just trying to avoid slipping into the Apple reality-distortion field, and ending up as another "I love my Mac" zealot.

CP/M? Become a Real Man, and upgrade to VAX/VMS. I want Photoshop for VAX so that I can make lineprinter art again.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I used to do my email on a VAX/VMS machine. I would dial in with Kermit, which was a great piece of software--handled any language, any protocol, any OS, it seemed.

When my sister was studying animation at RISD she used to run a 3-D graphics program called "WaveFront" in AIX on two RISC stations that IBM donated to the school.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I gave my vote for Linux because it's my favorite. PocketLinux is really cool and has some interesting possibilities. I've also tried freeBSD. My "main" machine is Windows 2000. I also have an ancient Mac that someone gave me.
    -Jason Antman

"There is nothing worse than a sharp photograph of a fuzzy concept." - A. A.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    mac osx (10.3)
    have been a mac user since 86' when i had a mac plus topped out at 8 megs of ram

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin