Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,912   Posts: 1,521,602   Online: 881

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In 1965, I had three photographs stolen off the wall of the art department at San Francisco State.

I had a piece (photo etched metal fabricated piece with a lock of Ken Cory's hair hanging out of it -- Ken was one of the more interesting and best jewelers of the 20th Century) from the Seattle Art Museum's Rental shop.

I lost a Turner Reich triple convertible lens that I left briefly unattended on a pile of dogfood in a grocery store when shooting a friends engagement portrait (he was a checker).

My garage in Tacoma WA was broken into in 1995 and my tools were stolen. I had a house in the hilltop area, which at the time was really a high crime area.

I lost a Linhof Technica III which was "borrowed" and never returned by a fellow named H*** Foster who was a student at Shoreline Community College near Seattle Washington in the mid 1990's. I haven't seen that b*****d for more than a decade now. I had given him a great deal, including a clarinet, and that is what I got back. With it were a Goerz Dagor 150mm, a Schneider Angulon 90mm, and an f/4.7 Ektar.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had purchased my first brand new camera. Canon Rebel G. Wonderfully light compact camera. I shot maybe 3 rls of film with it. Went to work, returned home. Police @ my door. Whatz up. Neigbors called the police when they noticed some suspicios people around my place. The first place I went to my hiding spot where I was sure know one would check (WRONG )They they go through your place they really do a number. My other stuff was at my work or in my drkrm. It was behind a room divider which when moved reveals the spot. GONE never found by police or me. I never keep all of my "toys" all in one place.
    So I never bought a new one again. Just lots of used ones. Someone would have to steal 2 or 3 to make up the price of 1. (It's worked fine so far)
    I have been very satisfied with the quantity of equipment I have now maybe not the quality. So maybe it was one of the good outcomes of the deal.
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 01-28-2009 at 02:37 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had my car broken into in Corwall in 2000. I lost a Canon T70 and Canon FTb. With the insurance money I bought Canon 35-70 zoom lens and negotiated a free T70 (rought but functional) as well.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Another crime victim-

Look what happened to this poor guy in L.A. recently- http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...006266767.html
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My Rodenstock Imagon 250 mm kit was stolen from a friend's (badly locked) studio who borrowed the lens. I never got a compensation from the insurance because "it was my property that was stolen in foreigner's workplace" (sic) I still feel bad about it.
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep, had two Mamiya's a C3 & C33 + two lenses, a pair of Chinon CE-4's with power winders and about 6 lenses all Vivitar S1 or similar quality stolen in the early 80's from my studio. Took some arm twisting to get the insurance company to pay out.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Always having dreams of my equipment being stolen but then I wake up and realize it was only a dream (wonder what freud would say about that!). Never had any piece of equipment ever stolen in real life, and that comes with carrying stuff into a lot of dangerous places.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by epatsellis View Post
    A complete 4x5 and 8x10 outfit loaned to a friend, including a B&J 8x10 Commercial (refinished in satin black lacquer), 305 Ilex Caltar, 355 G-Claron, a 165 Angulon and a brand new Toyo 45F and 180 Apo-Sironar, holders, darkroom equipment, you name it. He refuses to return it, and it took me several years to get it all replaced.
    You didn't take him to court?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    About 25 years ago we were burglarized. I lost a Linhof 4x5 camera with 5 lenses, Linhof Tech 70 with 4 lenses, high end stereo equipment, and a few other odds and ends. To add insult to injury, the insurance adjuster "depreciated" the stereo equipment to practically nothing, and from a $20,000 loss I received about $14,000. I replaced the 4x5 system with a Tech V and 4 lenses, and bought my first Leica M4-2 and two lenses with the rest. I might have bought a Rollei 2.8F TLR as well, but I'm not sure. Never replaced the stereo.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    I once didn't have something stolen....
    Managed to leave a pretty good SMC Pentax lens on a wall in Redruth, Cornwall. When I came back several hours later it was still there, so either a) no-one saw it, b) Redruth folk are honest or c) anyone who saw it had a Nikon or Canon system!

Steve

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin