Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,869   Online: 1053

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With all this burglariousness going on - I'm getting a bit paranoid. I have two very vicious labs for security who would rather wag their tails at another possible "play mate" than bite their butts.

Gosh Derek - that is horrible news. I hope you recover it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had an acquaintance in Chicago who bought an old oak telephone booth & put it in the doorway of his bedroom. Hinged the back panel & kept it closed with a screen door hook.
    When he went out of town for a few days his apartment was burgled. They got the TV & stereo, but none of the camera equipment that was in plain view on his bed.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks VaryaV...at this point I'm just confused about what to do...but this has certainly been on of those incidents that test one's resolve...I'm not about to give up my love because some doorknob thought it would be fun to run off with a camera that they probably know nothing about.

In all honesty I just hope it's taken care of wherever it ends up...I wouldn't want to see another Bronica fall off the face of the earth.
    -dereck|james|gignac
    dereckjamesgignac.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by VaryaV View Post
    With all this burglariousness going on - I'm getting a bit paranoid.
    Yes, I'm shocked at all the burglaration going on!!

(that should be good for a few more pages of dictionary searches...)
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    I had an acquaintance in Chicago who bought an old oak telephone booth & put it in the doorway of his bedroom. Hinged the back panel & kept it closed with a screen door hook.
    When he went out of town for a few days his apartment was burgled. They got the TV & stereo, but none of the camera equipment that was in plain view on his bed.
    ...That is awesome. Anyone know where I can find a stereotypically British phone booth with a false back that doubles as a door?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    STOLEN? DAMNED, YES!

This Monday (26-01-'09), my Pentax K10D and four MF prime lenses were sent to the Pentax service-shop to take care for a focusing issue. The repairs-man wanted me to send along the lenses I use the most.
    As De Beukelaer & Co, the Belgian Pentax agent, only want to work via a network of pro dealers, I had to hand over my gear to a shop who sells this brand of camera's.
    On the moment the DPD driver came in the shop to pick up the parcel, a lot of costumers ware waiting and his lorry was double parked in the street hindering the trolly bus blowing his horn. So, in the heat of the fight, the shop keeper forgot to put the regular sticker for the tracking system and address on the box. The DPD lorry driver, nervously, just picked up the box and left.
    Needless to say that the parcel never arrived at Pentax.
    Strangely enough, nobody saw this box again and all the sudden nobody knows what happen and nobody seems to be responsible for this magic disappearance!

If you the forum keeper does not mind, I post the serial numbers here :
    Pentax K10D : 2227115 + D-BG1
    " 20 mm A F2.8 : 5860758
    " 35 mm A F2.8 : 5349537
    " 50 mm A F1.4 : 1091174
    " 50 mm A F2,8 MACRO : 586806

I feel sad about the loss of these fine lenses as I use them very often on my (analogue) LX camera body's too!
    An other important thing is that the shopkeeper is a very good friend and I want to keep it like this!
    As I do understand what happened, I do not know what to do...

Philippe
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    35mm
    Sue the shop owner.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnJazz View Post
    ...That is awesome. Anyone know where I can find a stereotypically British phone booth with a false back that doubles as a door?
    A Tardis?............... cool.......

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnJazz View Post
    Here you go: http://www.britishbits.co.uk/

Postage might be high though.

Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    I had a Nikon N2000 camera stolen in the Navy. In boot camp you were told about "shipmates" and "teamwork" and how we all were, literally, in the same boat. The cameraderie was supposed to be a lifelong thing -of COURSE nobody would steal from a shipmate. Or so I thought, and left a bag unlocked while tranfering between ships. My entire European tour of duty in the Mediteranean, I had no camera. Finally could afford a cheap P&S I bought in Rome, managed to get a few pics.

I'm cursed with Europe it seems. For our honeymoon, my Minolta X-570 (the camera I bought to replace the stolen Nikon, once I got back to the States) decided to have major shutter issues. Lost 90% of the pics, because it gave no indication anything was wrong. Only a P&S Nikon we also brought saved the day from total ruin.

Oh yeah, and when I was about ten, a gang of black kids on bicycles decided to steal my Polaroid from me as I was (stupidly) walking across a street in Chicago while on vacation with my family.

The naive eventually learn. Not a single thing stolen since the Navy incident.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin