Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,227   Online: 896

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format

Did you ever have any thing stolen?

If you did, did you get something better? I had a 4X5 NuVue stolen out of my car that was parked in the parking lot of the apartment complex I lived at. After all was said and done I got an 8X10 Burke and James and a Turner covertable Lens. I still missed the little 4X5, but loved the 8X10.
    Leslie D. Wall
    AKA DeBone75

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Yes, when I was in high school, our house was burglarized, and I lost my Canon A-1, a Ricoh rangefinder, and a few other items. I kept good records and had all the boxes, so it was easy to make an insurance claim, and the proceeds went toward a Canon New F-1 that I've used to this day.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Contax 139Q and CZ 50 f1.4was stolen out of my car in 1985 or so. The insurance went to help pay for the 137ma and 50mm replacement that I also use to this day.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A complete 4x5 and 8x10 outfit loaned to a friend, including a B&J 8x10 Commercial (refinished in satin black lacquer), 305 Ilex Caltar, 355 G-Claron, a 165 Angulon and a brand new Toyo 45F and 180 Apo-Sironar, holders, darkroom equipment, you name it. He refuses to return it, and it took me several years to get it all replaced.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    In 1995, my whole 5x7 kit stolen from out of my truck (on my way to Yosemite to photograph). Home insurance and some more money, I got the used Zone VI 8x10 set-up I have now. It was not a pleasant experience, but it got me into 8x10 a lot faster than I would otherwise.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Nope.

Murray

Shooter
    35mm
    In my color photography class (we have a darkroom just for color printing), someone from photo 1, which is a black and white class, stole a pack of Kodak 400CN film. It was my fault for leaving it in a drawer in the darkroom, but I laughed inside when I walked by the classroom one day and heard the photo 1 instructor talking about why you shouldnt develop CN-41 film in black and white developer.

During that same semester, I came home late one night and realized my camera bag wasnt in my car. In my bag, I had a Polaris incident/reflected light meter, a Canon Rebel K2, a Canon Rebel XTi, and a 70-200mm F/4.0L lens. I'm estimating that I paid about $1500 for all that and about $80 for the bag. Needless to say, I was panicking

I was sure I left it in the color darkroom (in the same darkroom where someone snatched my film). that was the first place I checked the next day, and it wasnt there! the only other place I had been was the digital imaging lab where I was working on my filmmaking project. About the time I came out of the darkroom in to the classroom, a classmate from filmmaking came in and asked if i left my camera bag in the imaging lab. My response was a half-ass jog out of the class over to the imaging lab to grab my stuff.

so, I guess what I'm trying to say is some dummy in a black and white class stole and processed at least some of my color film in black and white chemicals

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nikon F2 Photomic (is that the right moniker?) stolen from apartment along with what little cash I had at the time. 25 years ago in New Orleans. Didn't replace the camera for three or four years; replaced it with an F3 which I still have.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I had my hassy kit with three lenses, 3 backs and my zone VI digital spot meter (and the bag this was all in) stolen out of my darkroom. I had just started shooting 4x5 so I didn't notice it for awhile and it probably would have taken longer if I hadn't been looking for my spot meter. As soon as I realized what was gone I knew exactly when it was taken and who did it but had no proof, so... Live and learn I guess, but I'd love to have it back. It still makes me feel sick when I think about it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMinchin View Post
    Nope.

Murray
    Bears don't steal cameras! Or am I missing something?

Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin