Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,559   Online: 1029

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by WGibsonPhotography View Post
    I've never use a luna-pro, so that really doesnt help much. If it's as easy to use as you say, even someone with my intelligence level will be able to use it.
    Oh! They work (generally) like this......
    Set the ISO or EI.
    Point the meter at your subject & take a reading. It will give you a reading of a certain value, say it's 11.
    Look at the calculator dial & set the dial for 11. The dial gives you a series of EV combinations & you choose the setting combination that give you the best(IYO) combination of speed & aperture.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    Oh! They work (generally) like this......
    Set the ISO or EI.
    Point the meter at your subject & take a reading. It will give you a reading of a certain value, say it's 11.
    Look at the calculator dial & set the dial for 11. The dial gives you a series of EV combinations & you choose the setting combination that give you the best(IYO) combination of speed & aperture.
    I got outbid on it at the last minute Luckily there's lots of used spot meters on ebay right now. Another one is ending this afternoon. I'll give that one a bid here in a few hours.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm broke most of the time and cheap to boot. That said, I spent $325 on a Pentax digital spot meter and it's now among my favorite possessions. It works great and is super reliable. It's the only meter I use. Some things are worth buying right the first time, a light meter is one of those things.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    I'm broke most of the time and cheap to boot. That said, I spent $325 on a Pentax digital spot meter and it's now among my favorite possessions. It works great and is super reliable. It's the only meter I use. Some things are worth buying right the first time, a light meter is one of those things.

Are the Pentax digital spot meters more accurate than the analog ones? If they are, I'll try to save up enough money to get one of those. If the digital ones are comparable in reliability and accuracy as the analog ones, I'll just get one of them. Like you, I'm broke most of the time, so I need to get the best equipment as cheaply as possible

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got one of each (the anolog is Zone VI modified). They almost always match, if they don't I go with the analog.

I really only use the digital for backup.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great meters! Just as good as the later ones, IMO, and I enjoy the split scale, actually.

The problem is this: It takes TWO batteries. One is for the high scale, and one is for the low scale. ONE of the batteries is no longer made. I think it is the battery for the low scale, but cannot remember exactly.

As such, to use it, you must get around the battery issue. You can do this, using a variety of methods, however, the monetary value of the meters is LOW because of this. Do not pay a lot for one of them.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the pentax digital is fantastic...the best i have ever had..had mine 15 years..it was 2nd hand then.
    never ever let me down,never had it serviced,battery lasts forever..
    the digital is a small superb device..
    unless you can get a cheap bargain save up for the digital..
    in the last couple of years i purchased new meters by sekonic and gossen,battery life is not good..and they did not seem as resilient as pentax and minolta meters of old.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a friend who has the analog version and he has had some reliability issues... Now, that's only one case so does it really mean anything? Probably not. However, having used his a couple of times I find the digital version a bit simpler to operate and it is more compact. I've yet to change the batteries in mine in 4 years. I can't recommend it enough. Good luck with whatever you end up with. Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by WGibsonPhotography View Post
    Are the Pentax digital spot meters more accurate than the analog ones? If they are, I'll try to save up enough money to get one of those. If the digital ones are comparable in reliability and accuracy as the analog ones, I'll just get one of them. Like you, I'm broke most of the time, so I need to get the best equipment as cheaply as possible

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Like others I have a Pentax Analog spotmeter and a Capital/Soligor digital meter as back-up. While in theory the digital meter might be more accurate the aperture scales/rings on most lenses only allow half stops, and in practice there's no difference in use, I actually prefer the nanalog scale.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you watch ebay close, you can get the digital just as cheap as the analog V.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270312083391

Mike

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin