Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,002   Online: 922

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have both the Analog (Version II) and the Digital and have never been disappointed in the results obtained with them. I really prefer the analog version despite the larger size... maybe the fact that I have been using it for nearly thirty years!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I ve had mine many years but recently it got to be inaccurate and I have not been able to get it fixed so I would recomend the newer digital rather than the old analog. I loved it and the sekonic L408 I'm using now seems a toyby compairson. Any one know someone who can repair these ? My repair guy can get it to be accurate in one range then it's off in the other.
    The Zone VI sticker is really a nice addition.
    Jay

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    light-metric Hollywoood CA and Richard Ritter are both excellent with these meters.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    does anyone have any experience with a Minolta Auto-Spot 1 Degree Spot Meter?

Shooter
    35mm
    I bid on and won a Soligor digital spot meter on ebay. It will be here sometime next week

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've used a Minolta spot meter for the past 20 odd years. (I'll check if its an Auto Spot). It's worked flawlessly and accurately since I got it. (I bought it at 47th Street Photo to show you exactly HOW old it is!)
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WGibsonPhotography View Post
    Yeah, that's what I thought when I saw the dials on the side. Is there a manual I can download on the internet, or will it be fairly self explanatory when I get it?
    Itis just like using the dail on a radio. Oooops, I forgot--radios don't have dials any more!!
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xtolsniffer View Post
    They're great and easy to use. Learning how to interpret the readings properly, that's the difficult bit!
    I believe the above means not that it is difficult to get the light readings -- but actually deciding what to do with them once you have them! An analogy would be a highly accurate rifle...one will only hit the target if one knows how to aim and fire it.

Congrats on winning the meter...but keep your eyes open for a Pentax...if you find a good deal on one, buy it and use the Soligor as a back-up!

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok, so the Soligor Spot Meter came in today. It's actually a good bit bigger than I expected, and I hope I have enough room in my camera bag for it.

I've been playing around with it a little today by pointing it at stuff and seeing what the readings were. I'm not sure how the dials on the lens works yet, but I think I got it figured out.First, I decide what the film speed is and set the rear dial to that by lining it up with a dot. Then I take a reading off something, which gives me a numerical value in the viewfinder. I rotate the front dial until I line the number in the viewfinder up with the dot. When I do that, the aperture and shutter speed will be lined up on the dials. that reading should give me the proper exposure, assuming I want what I metered in zone 5, right? I know I'm probably wrong, but I want to make sure before I go shooting some film I guess I could test it out with my DSLR, but that would be too easy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    that's the way my Pentax model V works.

Mike

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin