Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,243   Online: 1048

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Pentax 1°/21° Spot Meter

I'm considering bidding on a used Pentax 1°/21° spot meter on Ebay. Does anyone know how reliable and accurate those spot meters are?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very accurate & reliable, I've had mine for 25 years.

Ian

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Pentax made the best in my opinion. But what do I know? Grin.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks guys. I did a google search for pentax spot meters and found that they're pretty good, but I wanted some opinions from APUG before I made my decision

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They're great and easy to use. Learning how to interpret the readings properly, that's the difficult bit!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    you just need to decide if you want the digital or the analog. And if you want the analog I think you want the second version which doesn't need the cap left on to save the battery. I first got a new analog and used it for 10 years and it never failed but it got lifted out of my car, so I bought a used digital and have continued to use it for 24 years though I think it might be miss reading a bit now. I prefer the digital for the reason that it fits in my pocket better.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by xtolsniffer View Post
    They're great and easy to use. Learning how to interpret the readings properly, that's the difficult bit!

Yeah, that's what I thought when I saw the dials on the side. Is there a manual I can download on the internet, or will it be fairly self explanatory when I get it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's just a calculator dial similar to a luna-pro.
    Transfer reading to dial, twiddle with camera, take magnificent photo, wander off.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy View Post
    you just need to decide if you want the digital or the analog. And if you want the analog I think you want the second version which doesn't need the cap left on to save the battery. I first got a new analog and used it for 10 years and it never failed but it got lifted out of my car, so I bought a used digital and have continued to use it for 24 years though I think it might be miss reading a bit now. I prefer the digital for the reason that it fits in my pocket better.

My Polaris incident/reflected light meter is digital, and I like the digital output. I'd prefer a digital spotmeter, but I cant find one at a reasonable price
    An analog spotmeter might take me a while to learn how to use properly, but that's not a problem if it's just as accurate as a digital one (and I'm assuming they are...).

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    It's just a calculator dial similar to a luna-pro.
    Transfer reading to dial, twiddle with camera, take magnificent photo, wander off.

I've never use a luna-pro, so that really doesnt help much. If it's as easy to use as you say, even someone with my intelligence level will be able to use it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin