Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,548   Online: 1093

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kodak Announces Closure of All Qualex Photofinishing Labs

Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah well.....a few years back they screwed over a whole bunch of their smaller dealers. Decided they weren't worthwhile. They failed to advise each of the dealers concerned and actually had the b***s to do a pick-up and re-deliver by Fed-Ex three days later - unprocessed!!!! Imagine explaining that to the customer!!!! The smaller, long-standing guy was the only one keeping the business from Wally-World etc. Apparently it wasn't that they were losing money on the smaller guys - they just decided that they were too big to bother with the minnows! Some of these dealers had been with them over 25 years!! I just feel bad for the staff - wasn't their fault. It's all about shareholder returns - to the near exclusion of everything, (and everyone) else. As someone on CNN said recently "I'm sick and tired of being trickled down on." !!!!!
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Qualex made a lot of folks unhappy back in the '80s. I forgot they were still around.
    They were the end of the great days of Kodak processing... long ago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is another thread on this started a month or so ago. I think they should be merged.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin