Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,550   Online: 1162

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shakyhandsJames View Post
    My university has gone almost entirely to digital. In my intro class I am the only one with a film camera
    At the University of Windsor, (Canada) students are required to use a 35mm SLR in the introductory class, and have to buy tons of consumables. (which is a good thing... the more people buying paper and film in a university town, the more the stores will stock for me. )

Welcome to APUG, by the way. You're among friends here.

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    Your comments remind me of how lucky we are to have this community online when our towns and cities seem to be forgetting the joys of film photography. I may go for weeks without meeting another traditional photographer, but one click of the mouse brings me challenge and inspiration and community enough to sustain me.

Keep shooting film, and be proud of your work. Enjoy it as a hobby, an art, a passion.

Cheers,
    Yes, APUG gives energy to us to continue and not worry about film. Other communities have forumers that are just all the day "that's obsolete" "I think that film will last 2 years more and then bye..". It's comfortable to stay here and don't have a zillion posts saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by shakyhandsJames View Post
    My university has gone almost entirely to digital. In my intro class I am the only one with a film camera
    Bah who cares about the others. Be proud and ignore the digital "fanatics", if you don't; you'll be greatly annoyed.
    Just respect them, and they should respect you. If they don't respect you and annoy you all the time telling you "go digital"; Keep shooting happily and don't lose your illusion on film. Remember they can't have HP5 grain, or Velvia yellow. You've got it, and they don't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am only a teen. I love film to death and I do not own a digital camera and I am proud of it! I do not have a darkroom yet. I would love to have one. I think that my generation will never be intrested in picking up film. Somehow we should change that and try to get some younger folks into film. I remember when I was little I had a Fisher Price 110 camera. Now they are all digial. (that makes me laugh everytime I see one in the store). But my point is that we need to introduce more people that are out there back to analog mediums.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    I am only a teen. I love film to death and I do not own a digital camera and I am proud of it! I do not have a darkroom yet. I would love to have one. I think that my generation will never be intrested in picking up film. Somehow we should change that and try to get some younger folks into film. I remember when I was little I had a Fisher Price 110 camera. Now they are all digial. (that makes me laugh everytime I see one in the store). But my point is that we need to introduce more people that are out there back to analog mediums.
    I do agree about most of what do you say. I do have a little boring compact that if it broke, I wouldn't even care. It's OK for take some shots I would need the next day. But for everything else, there's the 35mm.

The few of us that will shoot film, will keep it going.
    Some (as I did) may get into this world because of curiosity. In october I had a radical change. I changed the music I listen, and the media. Now I do love anything analogic.
    Like vynil records, they're special compared to the stuff of today.
    We're used to listen music from a MP3 and the computer. And It's very interesting to listen and see vinyls, because few of us seen and heard them, it's a different thing that we aren't used to see.
    As the vinyl records have followers that keep them going, film is and will be the same history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin