Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,589   Posts: 1,545,888   Online: 1192

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think GraphicConverter will let you export slideshows as movies. Price isn't bad and you get a free trial and it is nagware shareware instead of being limited.
    JeffW.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    I do not know how you got "Open Office" for free, I looked at the website, it is certainly not free. ....
    It most certainly is free - free as in beer and free as in speech. There are some companies who are selling support, and there are some that are getting dangerously close to scamming.

The site you want is www.openoffice.org.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ran across this item this morning: http://www.workswithu.com/2009/02/07...free-software/

Perhaps this (or similar) is what Timothy hit on. It's about web sites using openoffice as bait to phish for contact info, and the high google ad rankings they get. Interesting that the high ad ranking is tied to browsers and systems reporting that the searching computer doesn't run a variant of unix/linux. In other words, the ads target Microsoft and Mac users, not people who already use free software. Looks like there are a number of schemes afoot to profit from distribution of free software. Go to openoffice.org or neooffice.org for the real deal without cost or phishing schemes. NeoOffice is asking for donations to defray the cost of developing a version that it better integrated into OS-X (which is Apple's custom GUI on a modified version of BSD Unix).

Lee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin