Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,136   Online: 1147

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Brad,

Although it is not a shoulder-strap version, my carpenter's toolbag is what I transport MF gear in. One of the principal virtues is that is has outside pockets, where I stuff a toothbrush and toothpast, a pair of socks, deodorant, etc. It looks like gym-workout gear, which (in this country) would probably not be considered worth stealing.

I think that if I were going to Peru, I'd try to find some pictures of locals from the appropriate age, gender, and social classes, and see what they tend to carry around with them. A well-used Jansport would do it here (look around on BART sometime) but I don't know what the Peruvian equivalent might be.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The local Brazilian version, it was sold in supermarkets for youngsters.
    It is used to carry books normaly.
    For added protection on the motorbike I put some reflective's on it.
    Holds quite a bit of gear: 2 camera's with 3 lenses, lightmeter and so on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Camerabag.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mine says "Safeway" on it...lol
    Best regards,

Bob
    CEO-CFO-EIEIO, Ret.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My choice: http://products.lowepro.com/product/...00,2115,20.htm

It holds my M3, a spare lens, meter and 8 rolls of film. Best thing yet for my camera.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    If you go to anywhere outside North America or Europe: take off the logo's and you will be fine.

Did that with my Lowe Pro Computrekker Plus AW (2 body's, 7 lenses, lichtmeter, colormeter, flash, tablepod and laptop).
    It is my base-kit for when I am on assignment for my architects, people here think I am a medic.......
    Otherwise the bag above or an old, dirty and worn camera bag that holds 2 body's and 2 lenses.

Peter

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Go to a thrift store and find the ugliest, most beat up looking gym bag you can find. Pay the man the $3 and take it home, add some ensolite padding dividers and you should be good to go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Camera bag

I picked this one up in A & N fishing department. It has a nice wide strap, lots of large pockets. It is waterproof and it floats using a large rock. (ya I wasn't about to test it with my camera).

Shooter
    Multi Format

Go secound hand

Well I really like a Simulac bag I got at a yard sale it's big enough for my Koni Omega has a zipper on top for the main compartment and two side and two end compartments shoulder and hand carry straps. Well made and cheap and easy to find used around here: they must be given away with with Simulac forumula or something. and the one I have while it does not look like a camera bag and has a teddy bear name tag on it is black and not thatbad looking. Other wise over the years I have used everything from plasic grocery bags to old ugly bags bought at secound hand stores. I have a ugly brown bag that came with a Foldex 20 camera I just bought that would likely work for you it sure does not look like today's camera bags.
    Jay

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If photograpy stops time I'm going to take a self potrtrait today!
    For the ultimate stealth nothing beats the plastic grocery bag, do double or triple them.
    Jay

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin