Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,597   Online: 1288

Shooter
    Medium Format

Red Snapper Tripods

Has anyone had any experience of the Red Snapper tripod gear? They are remarkably cheap for the spec and I've heard that they're comparable to manfrotto bases in quality and durability. I'm interested in experiences from people who have used both makes. website here

I've searched here but can't find any reference to these.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Leon,
    I've looked at them, seem good value, take a look at foto-arte.com these look the same to me
    I'm looking for new light weight tripod and have considered the above but will most
    probably end up with a Manfrotto 055CXPRO4.

Regards JON
    I prefer it in the dark.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On face value they do seem remarkable value for money. The only observation I would make is that they dont go very low. Feisol tripods can go as low as 6 inches and my benbo goes completely flat. Then again, if you don't need that feature then it's not an issue. I'm not overly struck on their pan and tilt head. Seems a little spindly compared to my Manfrotto 029 head.

Adrian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks guys. Adrian, have you actually handled one or are your observations based on the website details? I'm looking at the tripod base as a back up to my rather tired and abused manfrotto.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Leon, my observation about the head was based purely on visual comparison between the photo and my own tripod head. Mine looks a bit more substantial. With regard to the tripod itself, looking at the specs, the leg thickness is the same as many other, more expensive tripods, and carbon fibre for under £150 is a snip. I sent them a message asking if the 1600mm max size is with the column fully extended or retracted.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ok - thanks Adrian. Anyone else actually handled and used one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have had the height confirmed. It is 1600mm with the centre column fully extended.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Ok - thanks Adrian. Anyone else actually handled and used one?
    Ditto..the web isn't real...Evan Clarke

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin