Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,095   Online: 873

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I see that all the time, sellers on flee-markets who ask idiotic prices for run of the mill stuff. Especially boxcamera's and old folders are priced like they were made of gold. They argue that it's old so it must be valuable but often forget that some boxcamera's and folders were made by the millions. The funny thing is that I've seen some camera's standing on the flee-market for years in a row because nobody thinks of spending so much money on a common item. Makes me laugh every time.
    Sure, I could give you a boring explanation who I really am but I rather let the Origami do the talking.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There was a Bob & Ray (remember them?) ad for a dot matrix printer back in the 80s IIRC. The price of the printer: $1,000,000.00!

"Isn't that rather high?"

"Yes, but I only have to sell one ..."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here's another one: look at eBay 380092010138, and other auctions of the same seller, and marvel at what he/she is asking for obvious junk, trying to justify the asking price with talk about NASA.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    Here's another one: look at eBay 380092010138, and other auctions of the same seller, and marvel at what he/she is asking for obvious junk, trying to justify the asking price with talk about NASA.
    Q.G. that's cheap compared to what Photo-Arsenal (another ebay seller whose prices are FAR more ridiculous) would charge. A NASA camera from them? $50,000 at least...lol
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Chris,

Arsenal's prices are indeed far too high.
    But more realistic still than what is asked for the junk in these auctions.
    The cameras involved may have been owned by NASA. But they are run of he mill thingies, not in good condition. So there is a premium set on them being NASA's discarded rubbish, instead of anyone else's discarded rubbish.

If you get something from Arsenal, you at least will get something good. If you get a 'special' thing from Arsenal, it indeed is something special.
    Way overpriced, yes. But still a better deal than those thingies.

Shooter
    35mm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You definitely need to know your prices. I've seen Jaguar parts on Ebay with a starting bid higher than MSRP at the dealer.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    This is funny:
    What is funny about it?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    What is funny about it?
    $2700 for an Instamatic? Perhaps a little high? Perhaps $2695 too much?

Datchet, Berkshire UK- about 20 miles west of London
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Doesn't everybody- buying or selling- look at "completed listings" on eBay to find out how much this stuff goes for and indeed whether it sells at all. If you buy or sell without doing that, then how much you pay or get for your camera equipment may not be your biggest problem.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin