Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,288   Online: 748

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have used GoPix (Palm) for years now.

And I use another Palm program as my darkroom timer (not enlarger timer). It lets me save sequences of timings, very handy.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Images
    I generally use my palm during the time dedicated to my job (i.e. too much) and I've tried GoPix, yet still I find more convenient to use a paper notepad and a pencil for keeping a log of my photos. Actually I use one notepad for my shooting, where data are intermingled with notes on the place, thougts and scketches, and another for the darkroom stuff.
    Ciao,
    Marcello

I also recommend paper - that way you can sketch the scene, note the time of day, general light conditions, draw little arrows for your spot readings, any filtration, etc. Moleskine make great notebooks, with a little elastic band to hold them closed, built in bookmark, pocket in the back for film box ends, etc. You'll be in good company too - Van Gogh, Matisse and Picasso used them.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chiba
    Moleskine make great notebooks, with a little elastic band to hold them closed, built in bookmark, pocket in the back for film box ends, etc. You'll be in good company too - Van Gogh, Matisse and Picasso used them.
    Moleskine are really nice, but, sadly, for the price of say 10 of their notebook you can buy a new PDA ;-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

aggie,

I stick my 4x5 film holders into plastic zip lock bags. a postit note works fine to put down what I want to remember for that film holder.
    Do you put the postit note inside or outside the bag?

Sam

I have done the same thing, but I always forget to take the sandwitch out first. I just get so darn excited when I take pictures.
    Do not question what you have not done, question what you will not try.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    This is a fabulous website and the woman who made it has a bunch of software she uses in her palm pilot.

http://www.photoethnography.com/equipment.html

Scroll right down and she has various links to a number of palm pilot software she uses.

I want the XDA 2 *drool* its a phone as well.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nexus
    This is a fabulous website and the woman who made it has a bunch of software she uses in her palm pilot.

http://www.photoethnography.com/equipment.html

Scroll right down and she has various links to a number of palm pilot software she uses.

I want the XDA 2 *drool* its a phone as well.
    So, if you have one of those Phone/PDA things, and you are on the phone and the person you are talking to asks you about something you have on the PDA, what do you do?
    I am very happy with the BTZS expodev, but then it is not a generic program. Thanks for the link I will check it out.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin