Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,857   Online: 928

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    When I got my new computer 2 years ago I got a Palm Pilot too, mostly for the sake of photo-related stuff. That lasted about three weeks and I was back to my steno pad. The Palm is now sitting on a shelf behind me and hasn't been used in probably at least a year. I should probably give the thing away at this rate. Now I just put exposure notes and anyhting else I need to keep track of in the same notebook that everything else goes into.

And Moleskine notebooks are the way to go! Give me my Moleskine and my Waterman pen and that's all I'll ever need to write with.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've printed out some tables on A5 paper. All I have to do is write the film type, date and the relevant exposure info for each shot. This then gets hole punched and filed with the neg sheet. I am planning to put one together to use when printing as well but haven't got there yet.
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I use a PocketPC for all my LF note taking. I couldn't find a good application, so I wrote my own database applet. It's very good for transferring data over to my website by copying the database itself to the server after adding an identification field.

Here's my page about the applet (free, but you need to buy the database program from someone else), and an example of how it integrates with my website.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    So, if you have one of those Phone/PDA things, and you are on the phone and the person you are talking to asks you about something you have on the PDA, what do you do?
    I am very happy with the BTZS expodev, but then it is not a generic program. Thanks for the link I will check it out.
    I have no idea. I don't own a PDA so i don't know if you can use both functions at once. I'm assuming you can, depending on the PDA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lmulder

Does anyone have software suggestions for PalmOS software that might handle some of this data entry, then download it to my PC, where I can at least back it up?

Thanks

Les
    I find PhotoLog quite useful. The URL is http://members.tripod.com/~PalmPhotographe/PhotoLog.htm

Also, for some other insteresting uses of Palm (e.g. to control the enlarger), see my pages on DIY stuff.

Denis

Shooter
    35mm
    I have heard photogs say they use something called "photolog" supposedly part of a "photographge 2.0" software package but I haven't been able to track it down. If anyone knows where to find it, I'd at least like to take a look at it. Meanwhile, I use a digital recorder.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I "write" everything down in my Blackberry handheld. When I stick it in its cradle on my desktop the next morning all the info is transferred to my personal journal on the laptop.

My friends who own them like the Palms much more. I may get one when it's time to upgrade my phone. I'm getting sick of toting around all these different devices.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I use chisel and stone. Very archival.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Now that I replaced my old Palm with a Treo600, I can still use FotoTimer and GoPix -- and in a pinch I can take phone snaps of the shot setup AND THE CAMERA with settings.... but just having GoPix is pretty swell as ever

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use FotoTimer extensively (it is my darkroom clock). Since I work with at least four different films with three different developers at ambient temperature, I find it convenient that my most current timing data is always in FotoTimer (and due to the logging feature, I have examples of previous times as well). I have GoPix and try to use it for my 4x5 shots, but really don't find the process particularly valuable.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin