Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,956   Posts: 1,586,038   Online: 798

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi all,

just wondering if any of you are using a Palm type device for recording film exposure/aperture/speed/lens/filters/devleopment/etc notes.

I'm looking for a more systematic way to do this than my current method of writing up scads of data in notepads when I take the pic, crossreferencing the dev data and then losing the notes in the field.

Does anyone have software suggestions for PalmOS software that might handle some of this data entry, then download it to my PC, where I can at least back it up?

Thanks

Les
    Perspective: Use it or lose it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Not a bad idea although I haven't tried it. Don't know of any software but an Xcel spreadsheet would be wholy adequate. For some reason, I still prefer using good ol' M1 pencil and M2 paper.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lmulder
    Hi all,

just wondering if any of you are using a Palm type device for recording film exposure/aperture/speed/lens/filters/devleopment/etc notes.

I'm looking for a more systematic way to do this than my current method of writing up scads of data in notepads when I take the pic, crossreferencing the dev data and then losing the notes in the field.

Does anyone have software suggestions for PalmOS software that might handle some of this data entry, then download it to my PC, where I can at least back it up?

Thanks

Les
    Remaining true to the analog ideal. I use a very small casette tape recorder. I record essentially everything I am doing and perceive while working then write down the succinct data later in comfort. The recorder has a voice activated mode which sometimes works well when the ambient noise level is low such as in the darkroom.

An advantage is that it needs no software, updates, downloads, or licensing. The only objectional thing is having to listen to my squeaky voice.

Truly, dr bob.

Yes -

I found shareware for this. I will try to follow up 'cause my Palm is down in my car.

P.S - I found it. It is fotopad at sladky@mujmail.cz

John
    John

Shooter
    Large Format
    The ultimate program for use with a Palm, in my opinion, is the Expo Dev program offered by the View Camera Store. Additionally there is another program BTZS Plotter. These programs are in support of BTZS principles. Several people that post here use these. If you are interested and wihs further information, you can IM me and I will provide their names.

GASP!!!!!

Isn't that digital. Why not analog with a pen and a piece of paper. What the hell is the world coming to.

I thought those palm devices were for executives to play with while sitting on planes and in airports. People actually take all the time to type in notes when they could just write it down on a notepad?

Amazing.

Next thing you know you'll have a device to take and edit photographs without using film and a darkroom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was just looking at a Teo 600 - a combination Palm, cell phone and camera. Ugh.

I write all that stuff in a notebook that stays in my camera bag, and after making a print, transfer the information to the sheet I keep giving the formula for my print. I can't really imagine a database that would include all the variables I write down while I'm trying out a new film or developer.
    juan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    paper and pencil is the only way. I draw little pictures of the scene and put in dodging and burning info right then and there. I do all that pre-visualizatiion stuff, but the memory ain't what it use to be LOL.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Images
    Some time ago I could not imagine my life without a PDA. The excitement lasted about 2 weeks, after 2 months I stopped using it, after 6 months I found it in a drawer and gave it to my son to play with it. He did - for about 2 weeks :-).

I use pen and paper for my notes.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I fooled around with the idea this morning. Nope! Still don't like tapping out notes on a little screen with a little plastic stylus. Not to mention trying to write it then going back and correcting what the computer doesn't recognize with the translator.

Besides, its another battery that can go dead at the wrong moment.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin