Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,424   Online: 789

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

printfile negative sheets

I just realized that the printfile sheets I use, only hold 5 strips of 5 frames each. Thus, I can't fit a 36 exposure roll in. I'm not sure whether to

1. Purposely waste a frame from the roll to prevent having single frames that can't be organized properly

2. Count on having at least one frame per roll being an "oops", and tossing that frame...probably going to be the case

3. Slip one extra frame in doubled-up with one of the strips. Which still means I can't contact print properly.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I usually get more than 36 exposures on a 36 exp roll. I just cut the strips so I don't have any single frames. Usually the last two are cut into say a 3 and a 4 for the 37 exposures (6 per strip for me).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Print File makes at least two different models of its 35mm negative pages. You have the 6-row 5-frame per row model that fits into a standard 3-ring binder. What you want is the 6-row 6-frame per row model. It will overhang outside of a standard binder, but fits nicely inside a photo album.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    I just realized that the printfile sheets I use, only hold 5 strips of 5 frames each. Thus, I can't fit a 36 exposure roll in. I'm not sure whether to

1. Purposely waste a frame from the roll to prevent having single frames that can't be organized properly

2. Count on having at least one frame per roll being an "oops", and tossing that frame...probably going to be the case

3. Slip one extra frame in doubled-up with one of the strips. Which still means I can't contact print properly.
    They also make a model that take 7 strips of 6 frames. They don't fit a standard 3-ring binder tho.
    Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I add a couple of blank frames to the first strip, if needed, to get the film on eight strips. I surrender to the fact that a roll will spill over onto the next page. Really, it doesn't matter much.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm someone who doesn't like the leftover pieces, so I usually just ditch at 35 exposures. Except sometimes I get carried away and forget. But I like it all in one file, all on one contact sheet. We all have our quirks.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, for B&W, I like to contact print the whole sheet to a piece of 8x10 paper. I couldn't do that in any organized fashion if each roll was split across multiple pages.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post

This doesn't add up. 5 strips of 5 frames is only 25 negatives. Don't you mean 7 strips of 5 frames?
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    35mm
    yes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is nice to have a whole film on a single page. Unless your camera has unusually wide frame spacing for some reason, the Printfile 35-7BXW pages take 7 strips of 6 negs each. 42 frames is plenty for a roll of 36, no matter how good you are at squeezing extra frames out of a roll!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin