Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,022   Online: 916

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

uLTRA-PADDED SHOULDER STRAP

Hi All,
    A friend who needs to carry a 7 pound oxygen bottle asked me to find out if there is a really thickly padded, ultra soft shoulder strap. The new one has a padded shoulder strap which, for me and a camera, would be fine. Not for her, however, The new set up sent to her bears too heavily on her bony shoulders. I told her I would ask you all experts if there were something she could buy which would help her out.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Domke makes a "postman's" pad which could be it onto most any strap. It is really, really nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I seem to recall REI or one of the other outdoor equipment suppliers has a padded sleeve that slides over a typical web strap. Dunno if that might be useful or not.

DaveT

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Calumet makes an air cushioned neckstrap that I thought was very comfortable, but it only lasted about a year on my 4x5" Tech V. I think they make a luggage strap that is probably stronger and designed as a shoulder strap with similar air cushioning. Unfortunately, it wouldn't work as a neckstrap with a camera, but it might be just right for an oxygen tank.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Ria

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I cobbled one together once upon a time by combining a regular shoulder strap with a faux sheepskin seat belt cover thingie that I got at the local auto parts store. The seat belt cover thingie is designed to go on the shoulder stap of the seat belt and, as I recall, had a velcro fastener which made it easy to remove for cleaning or transfer to another strap.
    Ria

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Many thanks, all. I have ordered a Domke Postal Carriers strap for her. I think it shall do well for her.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Large Format
    Take a look at this one:

http://www.optechusa.com/product/det...RODUCT_SUB_ID=

I bought the OP/TECH S.O.S. strap No. 0901262 with 1.5" width, good for 30 lbs for my film holder bag. The swivel hook attachments are removable if necessary. Adorama sells it for $19.95.

Jerry

Shooter
    Large Format
    OOPS! Make that strap No. 0901012.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    John,

I bought the Domke Postman for a bag that I didn't keep. I've never used - if you haven't ordered yet, she can have this one. Let me know.

...gregg

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin