Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,501   Online: 1074

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The Homeland Security Act is here and the Patriot Act is here. Neither bill contains *any* reference to photography. There are no laws I've ever seen or heard of aside from some *very* narrow restrictions that may apply to selected military or Department of Energy installations, and people with a reasonable expectation of privacy (e.g.,behind the curtain of their home).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSeb View Post
    That's a bit overwrought. It seems more like simple ignorance and sloth. When you have no f---ing idea what you're doing because you're ignorant to begin with, or because the supervisors themselves are ignorant or poor leaders, it's much easier to default to the most restrictive position you think might apply. No one ever much got in trouble for being too restrictive, in that way of thinking.

Stopping one guy from photographing the Federal Reserve is a long way from a police state. Take a breath.
    It's not one situation though, it's been increasing in frequency. You don't have to dig too deep to find countless reports on it in people's personal blogs, discussion forums like this, and news sites.

The UK is especially bad for it right now.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry S View Post
    The Homeland Security Act is here and the Patriot Act is here. Neither bill contains *any* reference to photography. There are no laws I've ever seen or heard of aside from some *very* narrow restrictions that may apply to selected military or Department of Energy installations, and people with a reasonable expectation of privacy (e.g.,behind the curtain of their home).
    That's what I was waiting to hear. I've read that the Patriot Act restricts the photography of federal buildings and bridges, and had no idea that it isn't true. At least I hope that your source is correct.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    That's what I was waiting to hear. I've read that the Patriot Act restricts the photography of federal buildings and bridges, and had no idea that it isn't true. At least I hope that your source is correct.
    Well, there are 177 pages in the Homeland Security Act, and I have not even cracked the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Acts since about three years ago when doing some research.....plus there are Executive orders....of which there have been many screwed up ones throughout history....
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Do we know what kind of set up this guy had? Lights? Tripod(s)?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Executive Orders, public laws, and the Code of Federal Regulations are published in the Federal Register. Nothing has to be read in it's entirety because keyword searches are available for everything.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    From the video on YouTube, it appears he had a hand-held camcorder, and was videotaping the outside of the building.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ....but you can take pictures "from" federal buildings! I've done it....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry S View Post
    Executive Orders, public laws, and the Code of Federal Regulations are published in the Federal Register. Nothing has to be read in it's entirety because keyword searches are available for everything.
    Good to know. Thanks
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    The buildings are Federal property. The Federal Reserve Board is a quasi-independent federally chartered bank that manages US currency, banking and lending policy. The Board Chairman is appointed by the president to a four year term, which can be renewed until he serves 14 years, or 14 plus the balance of any prior partial term if he is appointed to replace someone mid-term.
    I was wrong. Now I know. I wonder: was the cop in this case a sworn Federal law enforcement officer of some kind or an employee (aka rent-a-cop) of the FED?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin