Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,656   Posts: 1,481,406   Online: 1088

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Fabric stores sell a material called blackout cloth, I believe used as drape liners. Its white, but does an excellent job at blocking light. I'm using it as a curtain in a corner of garage to create a darkspace for my enlarger. My wife sewed velcro along both sides, then matching velcro placed on walls. I shadow-boxed top area, & seems to work well enough.

Images
    hi!

Shooter
    35mm

Darkroom Curtains

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB
    I have the same arrangement semi-permanently anchored with black duck tape around the edges. Top tip - Put up a white (or pale-coloured) blind between the vinyl and the window. I didn't and the damn thing is like a radiator when the sun shines on it, making the darkroom nearly unusable in the summer.
    Same basic problem for me, South Midlands U.K. based. I got material from Nova Darkroom which is completely light proof but unfortunately my window is South facing and in summer the light proof material acted like a radiator despite window being double glazed. When I used to go in it was as if the radiator was on. Also the material tended to lift from the velcro due to heat and then light leaked in.

I got a 1 inch polystyrene sheet and cut it to fit round the glass. It needs to be painted matt black as polystyrene is full of holes but it acts as a heat absorber. The material stays in place now and the room stays light free and reasonably cool even in summer. Today it was about 30 degrees C but room temp. never got above 24 degrees C which is about tolerable to work in.

Pentaxuser

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin