Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,521   Posts: 1,543,798   Online: 812

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ambaker View Post
    About chocking on GAS here. At the point where I really cannot shoot everything I've acquired. So, naturally I was in a antiques store yesterday and saw a Nikkormat FT. Only thing that kept me from bringing it home was that it was jammed.

Why people leave cameras on open access shelves is beyond me. Almost every time they are jammed. Mirror is up, shutter won't fire, and self timer is engaged. I mean you have to play with all the buttons while mom and dad are shopping, right? :frown:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Go back to the antique store. Push firmly on the self-timer lever in the clockwise direction. It will start moving with your persuasion and finally fire the shutter. Buy camera. GAS taken care of for a day or two. :-P

-J

(sent from my PowerMac G4 using Firefox 3.6.28)
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    Eh, screw it. I've owned three off-topic Nikons; four off-topic P&S Canons; a Canon FTb-QL, 4 Pentax H3v/SV meterless screwmount bodies; 5 Spotmatic series bodies; a ME Super; a Super A (black SuperProgram); 2 Hasselblad 500c bodies (almost bought a third); 1 Hasselblad 500EL that was dead; 16 Nikon F bodies of varying vintages and configurations; 17 Nikon F2 bodies of various versions (all metered, but no F2S bodies); 12 F3 bodies (no titanium, limited, or High-Speed models, but regular, HP, and P models); 18 F4 bodies, including one that flatulent1 bought after I'd sold it, then purged at Glazer's for some Contax gear; 5 F5 bodies; 3 FE bodies; 3 FE2 bodies; 9 FM bodies; 3 early FM2 bodies; 25 FM2n bodies; an EM; a FG-20; a N8008; a N90; 4 Nikkormat EL series bodies; 7 Nikkormat/Nikomat FT bodies; 43 Nikkormat/Nikomat FTn bodies; 22 FT2 bodies; and 4 FT3 bodies. Am about to receive two N2000's and another N8008 from KEH, which are coming with a MB-20 for my F4s and some other stuff that I won.

I've owned too many lenses to count. That, and a few motor drives and flash units.

-J
    Why no F2S? I love the stylized +- indicators in the DP-2.

And holy cow, man.

As for my gear of 2012, I got an F3HP and I still haven't decided whether I like it or not. Other than that, I got a macro bellows and a slide copier. Boring. I'm at sort of at strange place right now, photographically and gear-wise; been feeling aimless and unmotivated. I did bid on a 15mm f/5.6 non-AI on ebay, but lost. I don't know what use I would possibly have for that lens, but it's been high on my wish list for a long time. I also want a PC 28mm f/4.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    :-) For the same reason why I don't own any more F3's. Didn't like the "+-". Much prefer the "+0-" of the F2SB/AS and FM/FM2 series cameras.

That 15/5.6 QD-C lens is quite rare...

Oh, did add another off-topic Nikon SLR body (hey, free camera), and am about to swap my F4s for my nineteenth F4s. Found one that's in better condition and newer.

-J
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

I walked into a gallery/workshop/digital&film non-profit place on Saturday and discovered they were having a rummage sale. It was pretty well picked over by time I got there, but there were two quite usable 5x7 film holders. Now to get my 5x7 back fitted to my whole plate camera . . . it never ends.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    :-) For the same reason why I don't own any more F3's. Didn't like the "+-". Much prefer the "+0-" of the F2SB/AS and FM/FM2 series cameras.
    I just wish the F3's LCD wasn't so damn small! The numbers are small, and the those plus and minus signs are half that. Makes it harder to use, as I have to look right at them to discern what the readout is telling me. Meanwhile, Sasquatch just disappeared back into the forest!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm pretty much fine on GAS since I've purchased my Konica Hexar. That's the last camera I really need for now. I'm in no rush to get anything else anymore, but there is still some cameras I wouldn't mind eventually getting. But if I don't, no big deal either. If the opportunity arises, then great, if not, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. But, anyways, here's a list of some cameras I wouldn't mind picking up:

- Olympus Trip 35 or XA or Canonet QL17
    - Voigtlander Bessa (not sure which make) or Leica M6/M7 (yeah right) or Hexar RF
    - Nikon F
    - Nikkormat FTN
    - Nikon FE/FE2/FG/similar
    - Nikon S rangefinder
    - Yashica T4
    - Yashica Mat 124(g) or Rolleicord or maybe Ricoh Diacord
    - Mamiya Rb67 or Hasselblad 500c/m or similar
    - Fuji X100(s)
    - Ricoh GR1v
    - Ricoh GRDIV
    - Nikon D600 (yeah right)
    cities & citizens - edmonton street photography (mostly), 100% film

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    F4 #19 has arrived. Also kept a N8008 out of a Nikon accessories and camera grab box that I received from KEH.

-J

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I finally gave in and picked up a Yashica T4 Super D which will be used on an upcoming road trip.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This makes me feel really good about my small kit. It can do everything thing that I need it to do.

I am on the side that hates to have gear just sitting around, I feel wasteful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've lately been acquiring oddball P&S bridge cameras. Ricoh Mirai, Fujifilm Discovery 3000, Chinon Genesis III, Olympus IS-3, Olympus AZ-330...

Somebody just shoot me.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin