Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,504   Posts: 1,543,455   Online: 958

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I was handed a Leica R3 of unknown functionality a little while ago. Popped some batteries in it, the meter responded and the shutter fired on all speeds. I was able to borrow a lens for it to prove the meter was in good working order. Now I'm getting the fidget to get a lens of my own so I can use the thing, but common sense is resisting that urge, as the lenses for it are even more ridiculously expensive than the lenses for my Contax RTS III. Oh, and it needs new light seals around the door... thinking of which, anyone have a good source for them they can recommend?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't want or need any cameras I've only bought two in the last twenty odd years, the only things on my G.A.S list are a power winder FN for my Canon F1N AE's, and a Garry Fong collapsable light sphere for my Canon 300TL speedlight.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I believe I, too, have come to the point where my GAS (35mm SLR strain) has been satisfied. With 15 Nikons of various vintages and models (my F2 inventory, alone, includes nine cameras ranging from 1971,1972 and 1973 F2 models to 1977, 1978, 1979 and 1980 F2A and F2AS cameras), there is no sensible reason to be on the prowl for anything additional ("sensible", of course, departed sometime in the past, for places unknown). Once I find the two pairs of MS-1 battery holders for my MB-1s that I am hunting for , I am calling it quits insofar as adding anything more to my 35mm SLR inventory (unless, of course, an F2 Titan, at an obscenely low price, happens to...).
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Oh, and it needs new light seals around the door... thinking of which, anyone have a good source for them they can recommend?
    Jon Goodman's the guy!

www.apug.org/forums/forum147/110259-jon-goodman-aptly-described-his-name.html
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Since my last poast, I've gone through three Nikkormat FT2 bodies, trying to find one worth fixing up. Now have an early black FT2 that has been completely gone through. Also received an F2 with DE-1 from BradleyK, which donated its DE-1 to the F, then went to Ralph Javins with a DP-3 on top. Picked up another chrome F2 that had a DP-12. Swapped the DP-12 to my black F2 to replace the damaged DP-12, then passed it on to Ralph with a DP-1. Added some wideangle glass (namely a 28/3.5, and a couple 35/2's), and, finally, a decent F5 body.

@BradleyK: No F bodies? Need to add at least one to the gaggle. Maybe you could pick one up at the PSPCS Camera Show & Swap Meet in Kent, WA next Saturday.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm

contax slr

I have a near mint G2 and 21mm. What do you have?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin