Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,480   Posts: 1,542,694   Online: 850

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just received a Gossen pilot light meter which I bought on EBay. It is very easy to learn to use except for one little screw behind the light meter which says "zero Setting". From that, I assume it is a screw you turn to calibrate the meter. so, what I would like to know is: What exactly does the "zero setting" do and if it is indeed meant for calibrating the meter, How would I go about it?

As always, Thanks!
    Cheers, Shesh

Not to know what happened before one was born is always to be a child - Cicero

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Images
    Try this link to instructions: mypage.siu.edu/eo11/Gossen.pdf
    "Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do!"-Bender Bending Rodriguez

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Isn't that screw a "dfw" screw? (Do not fool with)

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just read the acrobat file veriwide mentioned above. It implies that the screw is for calibrating the meter and also mentions that the meter rarely would need calibration. I will compare it with the metering in my N90s and see if they match up and decide if I need to touch the screw. I plan to use the meter with a Bronica S camera that I am planning to buy.
    Cheers, Shesh

Quote Originally Posted by Shesh
    I will compare it with the metering in my N90s and see if they match up and decide if I need to touch the screw. I plan to use the meter with a Bronica S camera that I am planning to buy.
    Now what happens if it's the N90 that is off? I go with not fooling with it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    buy an Expo Disk.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It does not matter if the N90s is off, as long as the meters are consistant, I will know how to compensate in order to get consistant results. I will tread VERY carefully, thanks to all your advice.
    Cheers, Shesh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just tested the meter with the N90s. I used a uniformly lit wall as the subject. The readings were identical. So, no need to DFW (thanks for the term, lee) with the screw on the meter.
    Cheers, Shesh

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin