Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,202   Online: 1048

Thread: Doskocil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Doskocil

I have one of these cases and bought another for $12. on the e site. Mine has some nice foam since I bought it new but the used one that is coming looks like the only foam is in the lid. Does anyone know where or what foam I can get for one? Any generic foam suggestion is fine.

Thanks,
    Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, Curt;

Any of the plastics houses should have a polyurethane foam sheeting that comes in varying thicknesses up to about 4 inches. I preferred the "closed cell" polyurethane. If there is not an industrial plastics supply house where you are, try looking also for a furniture upholstery shop.

My memories of the Doskocil people come from the cases they made for firearms. They worked great for other long thin things that I did not want to see bent or damaged.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Or even the fabric store. They use the foam for furniture cushions etc. It comes in different thicknesses too.
    Once you have it cut you can cover it with something like a micro fiber cloth for looks & smoothness.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin