Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,493   Posts: 1,542,983   Online: 860

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It should have, there is an electric cable comming from the shutter of the lens.....
    Some parts are missing here: power-supply and switch/operationg-box of some kind.

Peter

Shooter
    Large Format
    It could be an device for early (1980's) recording of pregnancy ultrasound pictures.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    So it's got no shutter?
    Probably a focal plane shutter.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Electronic leaf shutter, verry simple.....

We had this type of camera when I was studying electronics at the Universaty of Delft to photograph electronic signals. Those had mechanical shutters, but they are pretty well the same.
    Last edited by archphoto; 03-14-2009 at 12:28 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: addition

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by archphoto View Post
    We had this type of camera when I was studying electronics at the Universaty of Delft to photograph electronic signals.
    Oh you were at Delft too? I was there for 3 years as a postdoc. Applied physics... Cees Dekker's group.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I left in 1975, we were bussy with 2GHz signals and piping, incredeble stuff, the early day's of IC's, chips as they are called now.
    I was on the 23rd floor of the high-rise, wonderfull view........

Lost quite a bit now and times have changed too much, understand the basic's still.

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, Benelli, Keith, and Peter;

Agreed that it is an oscilloscope camera. I have two models by Tektronix here; one that uses Polaroid pack film, and an earlier version that used the old Polaroid roll film. I do not know how many rolls of Polaroid Type 107 3000 ASA film I ran through those things back in the 1960's. I do remember that I bought them by the box from the supply people. From their refrigerator to mine on the second floor of Building 53.

The sample that Benelli (nice Italian motorcycles) has may be a special modification for a medical application.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for all the info! Now the whole thing makes sense

I wonder if I could ever use it, but I doubt it. Maybe theres someone here thats really interested in the (to me quite) weird thing, because I don't think I can get it complete and get it to work. Its probably not worth much, so let me know if you could put it to good use!

Thanks again!

Benelli (indeed great Italian motorcycles, but I drive a 1976 Benelli GTV50 moped )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by archphoto View Post
    NO, Keith, this is a camera that you can hook-up to a monitor of any kind.
    Think of an echo during pregnancy.

In case of an endoscope you will need a ccd camera that is hooked-up to a monitor.

Peter
    Yes, its an echo camera, I have seen it when I became father for the first time...
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Benelli View Post
    I wonder if I could ever use it, but I doubt it. Maybe theres someone here thats really interested in the (to me quite) weird thing, because I don't think I can get it complete and get it to work. Its probably not worth much, so let me know if you could put it to good use!

Years ago, I inherited a Polaroid CU-5 close-up camera... a friend of mine and I removed the lens (a Tominon 127mm in a press shutter) and I used it on LF for a little while. Maybe you could do the same, since this 65mm must cover at least 3x4 (certainly enough coverage for roll film backs).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin