Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,410   Online: 1043

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Plus Sales Tax or VAT.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    Well I only overpaid by $58, as I remember, so I don't feel to bad. :rolleyes:

The difference for me was that the kit was a 5in1. Silver, gold, white, black, and a scrim. I haven't figured out the importance of a black "reflector" so I think 4in1 might have been a better description, but in sales more is better.

That said the car window reflectors are a great place to start and see if you like using reflectors.
    A black "reflector" is quite valuable as a light control device. Say you had too much light bouncing in from the sides to get any form to the light. Pop out the black and put it on one side and all of a sudden you have some direction to the light.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gary Beasley is right, whenever you have to photograph white towels with a white or near white background, using a black reflector, will make it possible to see your subjects.

If you don't they will merge with the background, also useful for portraiture and getting relief in a lined face.

Mick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin