Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,708   Online: 858

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Jerold, then I'm glad I'm using grant monies, private grant monies to go. That being said I do think photography study under a financial aid package would be ok, but that's a thread for another time and another place, not here. What Jim Balog is doing in the Antartic right now is a prime example.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm inclinded to believe that it would be better if we made college educations free at public institutions for all, before we start handing out individual grants. Since we are a ways away from free college, individual grants will have to do. The gov't wastes a lot of money, but money spent on education is never a waste. My older brother paid for a good portion of his Master's via grants, My oldest sister got her masters free from the state of California. I believe both have paid the country back many times over.

FWIW I have been going back to college off and on for 25 years (on my own dime and I'm not retired or unemployed) and as soon as i have the chance to I'll be returning. Continuing (or never stopping) your education is a great suggestion and worthy pursuit. The country and the world would be a better place if we kept trying to improve ourselves.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdmguy View Post
    Jerold, then I'm glad I'm using grant monies, private grant monies to go. That being said I do think photography study under a financial aid package would be ok, but that's a thread for another time and another place, not here. What Jim Balog is doing in the Antartic right now is a prime example.
    My mistake. Sorry for that.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've been auditing photography classes for several years at my local college. Wanted to learn what to do with my Dad's old cameras.

Sadly, due to budget cuts, this will be the last semester for printing in the darkroom. So far, I think we'll be able to develop film there but not print it. I can develop film in my bathroom now, I guess I'm going to have to start thinking about getting an enlarger.

I think it's sad to think of all the future students who will never know the wonder of watching their print slowly appear in the depths of the developer.
    Ronin

"Place your clothes and [cameras] where you can find them in the dark.”
    with apologies to Robert Heinlein

Shooter
    Large Format
    "I think it's sad to think of all the future students who will never know the wonder of watching their print slowly appear in the depths of the developer."

That's what got me hooked 51 years ago. I can still see that image appearing.

On the topic of education, the best bumper sticker I've seen said "If you think education is expensive, try ignorance."

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=silveror0;774825 On the topic of education, the best bumper sticker I've seen said "If you think education is expensive, try ignorance."[/QUOTE]

My wife, a first grade teacher of 30+ years, likes the one that says, "If you can read this sign, thank a teacher."

John Powers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin