Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,600   Posts: 1,622,389   Online: 834

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Super 8

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    There are a few of us fiddling around, and a few doing more serious work, with small gauge cine cameras. There are a few dispersed threads on 8mm, S8, and 16mm film shooting and processing, and a social group at--

http://www.apug.org/forums/groups/ac...ser-group.html

The social group can be a little more flexible about topics like telecine and digital editing than we generally are in the regular forums.
    Thanks! I just joined the group. I am starting to explor a whole new world !
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Dwayne's will be putting it to DVD for me for only $9! Does anyone know how good they are?
    I just had 3 cartridges of K40 done at Dwayne's & considered having them transfer it. I did some searching & at the filmshooting forum read a couple of reports that said their transfer quality is not good. So in the end I went for process only. I'd rather pay extra for a professional quality telecine job if any of the footage is good, rather than $9 for something I can't use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks! I just joined the group. I am starting to explor a whole new world !
    Don't neglect standard 8 as an option as well. Frame size is a little bit smaller, but some extremely good cameras and lenses were made for the format, such as the Bolex H8 Reflex with three-lens turret. It is actually 16mm stock (though it is perfed differently) that is run through the camera once in each direction, each time exposing only half the film's width. During processing, it is slit down the middle and the two halves are spliced at the ends. This is all my family ever shot, and all I have ever shot as well (for 8mm, anyhow). As I mentioned, I just got the camera in which I am going to try Super 8 for the first time.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Actually, I just aquired an really neat old Keystone 8mm camera that I can't wait to try! I thought I should support both!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Where have you had your 8mm processed? Do you have it telecined?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Where have you had your 8mm processed? Do you have it telecined?
    Yale Labs in Burbank, CA. I have it scanned by them as well, even if I plan on using it directly for projection...just as a backup. I also buy my film from them.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Also, how is the Ektachrome 100D?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very good! It's a very nice looking, "all-purpose", "Plain Jane" film, that is nice and neutral, though it is saturated like a VC versus an NC film. Reminds me of a mixture of EPP and EPN, though due to frame size, nowhere near as "beautiful". Don't forget that you can push and pull it, which is your best tool to manipulate the highlights, and will also affect saturation.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 04-08-2009 at 04:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I like it. I posted a frame grab here--

http://www.apug.org/forums/groups/ac...d-super-8.html

You can get Velvia 50D respooled as well from a couple of sources. The grain is excellent and the saturation is nice for projection. Some of the earlier cartridges were a little jittery (I've experienced this), but I gather they've solved that problem. I've ordered it from Spectra.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Does anyone have any examples of transfers done by Dwayne's that they are willing to share?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin