Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,541   Posts: 1,572,772   Online: 903

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Buying LowePro on eBay may be a bit iffy.

LowePro bags are made in China. Nothing wrong with that.
    And there are many offers from China on eBay. Also nothing wrong with that.
    But somehow, they often manage to offer new LowePro bags for lots and lots less than you have to pay elsewhere.
    Now many good things are made in China, and for very little money too. But on the other hand, lots of cheap, low quality, counterfeit/imitation stuff also comes from China.

Just something to keep in mind.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for all your input!

I have a great backpack (also a LowePro) that I use for long hikes when I want to take a lot of gear. I will often pack everything in the backpack, then just put what I want to use in a particular location into my Crumpler (7 million dollar home). That way I can take everything with me, but not have to carry everything. For short trips from my home, I have this "monstr-o" waistpack I got at a rummage sale for $2. hahaha BUT I cannot put enough of what I want to carry into it. I hate having to stop, put the Crumpler down or take off the backpack, and get what I need. Call me lazy, but it should not have to be such a PITA! hahahaha

I can get this bag seriously cheap, so the cost of it is a non-issue. I was just wondering if anyone here had experience with the bag. It sounds like those who have had experience with it find it dandy to use with very few 'bad points'. So... that caps it for me! I am going to get one & give it a go! I'll post here after I see how it does.

Thanks for all your help with this! I knew I could count on you!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have one I use for my travel camera. You don't take it off... just slide it round from your back to front and unzip the flap to grab something out. I think it works as I don't overload it with a lens in every available posi. The 200 (and I think 300) also have a stabilizer strap that comes around the other side of you to keep it on your back whilst keeping both hands free whilst rock hopping, etc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Between my wife and myself, we have the 100, 200 and 300 Sligshots. The larger is my carry-on hand-luggage for holidays; no way are my babies going in the hold for some half-baked baggage handler to throw around the airport. However, as convenient as these bags are for carrying, I find them a bit of a pain when changing lenses.

The problem is that when you pull them round to the front, the lenses are laid horizontally (facing away from you). It's a pity they couldn't design one that becomes a top-loader when it's slung across the front of the wearer.
    Paul Jenkin (a late developer...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Jenkin View Post
    Between my wife and myself, we have the 100, 200 and 300 Sligshots. The larger is my carry-on hand-luggage for holidays; no way are my babies going in the hold for some half-baked baggage handler to throw around the airport. However, as convenient as these bags are for carrying, I find them a bit of a pain when changing lenses.

The problem is that when you pull them round to the front, the lenses are laid horizontally (facing away from you). It's a pity they couldn't design one that becomes a top-loader when it's slung across the front of the wearer.
    Yeah, that was one of my reservations about it. I'm going to see if I can make any sort of modifications when I get it. It should be hre Monday!
    Jeanette

Shooter
    Multi Format

Comfort & convenience.

Which ever bag you opt for don't end up looking like this dude when you're out & about.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gear Head.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh... that is a hoot, Mike! hahahaha
    Jeanette

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And golf is such a fast moving sport...you certainly wouldn't want to get caught out changing lenses!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy View Post
    Which ever bag you opt for don't end up looking like this dude when you're out & about.
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the lens stored vertically when it's opened and only open the flap to the bend (half way) That way it is a top loader. This method only works if you're not trying to fill it up... I only have the camera with mounted lens, one other lens and a flashgun. If I'm going for a stroll I'll put a small bottle of water in as well. Batteries and other junk go in the front pocket and I usually have a camcorder in the top compartment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin