Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,851   Posts: 1,582,858   Online: 832

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

LowePro Slingbag

Hey All!!

I'm thinking about getting one of these for short trips to the botanical gardens & other trips. Does anyone here have any experience with these bags?

http://products.lowepro.com/product/...-AW,2036,4.htm

TIA!!!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Large Format
    I use a slingshot 200 when i go cycling. Great back, comfortable to carry.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Kata also makes slings bags, which can be carried over either shoulder (and over both, if you so wish. But then they do not 'sling' anymore).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Its a nice bag, but I found it awkward to organize for shooting med format. Not enough pocket space for more than a handfull of 120 rolls and a big meter. It was however just peachy for my F5, a few primes and a flash plus a weeks worth of film. It really is designed for digital where you can just slide in a few umpteen gig CF cards.

But, I must say, I do love the "slide around" feature -- it's like having a portable workspace right there.

DLM
    Shooter
    35mm
    I recently bought the Slingshot 200 at Costco for $68 instead of the $90 that B&H and most other places charge. So far I'm really happy with it. The only slightly annoying thing is that I wish there was a little more of a lip below where the camera body sits inside the bag so that when the zipper is open, the body doesn't want to slide out as easily if the bag is sitting on an uneven surface. Overall though I can see myself being satisfied with this bag for quite some time before I need to move up to something bigger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for your input! I am seriously considering getting one of these... though I have to tell you that I did give them "what for" about only offering this in a boring black. I asked them to consider something similar to the cool book bag/backpacks they make! hahahaha Yada, Yada!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've looked at the sling bags a lot, but they strike me as kind of fussy to use. I like to just reach down an pull out a lens, or camera or whatever, without all the adjusting the sling bags seem to require. I've tried them out in shops, but haven't actually used one in picture taking, however. So maybe I'm not giving them a fair shake.

Certainly, for biking, or serious hiking where you might stop, set up and work from the bag for a bit, then pack up and move, I think they would be a big improvement over small backpack type bags.

Regarding the color, I was looking at one in a shop that had some Lowepro reps visiting, and told one of them I'd buy it if they made it in a light color. He sort of just looked at me, and couldn't seem to understand why I'd want a camera bag in any color but black.
    He did, however, point out the built-in rain cover that is light colored.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just bought one of these.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails great bag.jpg  
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Look on Ebay. There is a Lowe Pro dealer selling the 350 for $99, and the 300 for $79.95 both new with free shipping. Looks like a pretty decent deal. I'm thinking a 350 could end up being my air travel carry on bag. Should hold my T90 and some lenses plus my laptop, Ipod, etc. plus it looks nice for short hikes with the camera.
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    Kata also makes slings bags, which can be carried over either shoulder (and over both, if you so wish. But then they do not 'sling' anymore).
    I love my Kata 3N1-20 - well balanced, seems to be better built than the Lowe and Tamracs, with a bright yellow interior which makes it easy for 52 year old eyes to find things. I carry a Hasselblad 503CW, 50, 80, 120, 3 film backs, Pola back, meter, a few filters and film. Tight fit - yes. Easy to get to stuff when you need it - yes - can align dividers so that you can open from either left or right. However, I use it primarily as a backpack, not a sling type bag. Am not doing quick grab shots. Would buy again in a heart beat - got mine from the big auction site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin