Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,236   Online: 1095

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb74 View Post
    I think it somewhat depends on how you plan to use it. In other words, the rougher the handling the more foam will be required between the items and over/under the items.

Assuming you are the one handling it, I'd want at least an inch of good quality foam between items and at least 1.5 inch along the perimeter. Plus at least 1 inch on top and bottom. That's what I use in my hard cases, including my theft resistant cases (old hard Samsonite suitcases). I cut the foam so items are firm in their holes.

I'd space a bit further apart if I was shipping the gear.

Make sure you use good quality foam. Nice thing is you can cut multiple foam inserts for various equipment systems.
    Good points. I'm out of town and don't have all my gear with me so I guess I'm gonna have to wait, but after the trek thru the airport recently I realized that a harder case and maybe one on wheels will be better.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sephira View Post
    Hello,

I work for a company that distributes Pelican cases and we also do custom insert work. If you like, I can tell you what size you need if you give me the dimensions of your equipment. Shoot me an email at administration@orioncase.com and I can send you some Pelican size charts.

This forum is really neat. I personally use a digital and like to think I'm somewhat of an amateur photographer--I'm pretty good . I am also a member of a digital photography forum. (I wish I had a 35mm, though.) But, my mother LOVES her old 35mm that she used as a youngster. I will definitely refer her to this forum. I also would like to say that there is some incredible work here!! You guys rock!
    Thanks for the offer of help, and congrats on your first post! Now we need to find you a little film camera so you can start shooting some b&w alongside what you have now.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm looking for a carry on case and the Pelican 1510 seems to be the one. I read somewhere, can't find it now, that the 1510 will go in the overhead and or fit under the seat. Is the under seat space really that large? The only colors I see them in is black and tan. Those who have the 1510 what is the largest camera and gear that you put in them? They do have weight so the gear adds up too, I couldn't find a weight limit for carry on and I suspect that it varies, has anyone had a problem with carry on weight?

I don't think I have enough time to get one by the time I leave for Tonopah though.

Thanks,
    Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin