Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,193   Online: 1023

Shooter
    Multi Format

How do I get to my APS negs?

Yes, I'll admit it, I have an APS camera. Mines a little Canon Elph which takes so so pictures. I don't use it anymore, the film choices suck and the pictures...well they generally suck too. I do though want to get to the film and its locked in those silly cartridges. Is there a trick to getting the cartridge apart or should I just grab a pair of Channel Locks...
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I can't remember exactly, but it will come apart with not too much force. I think you can tweak a small screwdriver in there somewhere and you can get it apart without too much damage.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This guy has a page up about it, although he's rather vague on the most crucial part. I actually bought a nifty plastic tool to unlatch the door from some guy on ePrey a couple of years ago, but it can be done with a very small screwdriver.

DaveT

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Dave, easy as can be!
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's the north and south ends of the "official" tools ...

(The fat one turns the film spool)

DaveT

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin