Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,648   Online: 798

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Tools/ lens retaining ring (Wrench?)

A (long) while ago we had a tread where some one posted a link to a company selling tools for photography gear (filter ring straighteners etc). Now I wnat to buy one of those lens retaining ring wrenches and just found out I lost the link. I did search for it here but I can't find it.
    Does the company still exist and does any of you have the link?

Best regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Søren, I'm not sure if you mean a specific lens spanner, but I have the one Badger sell.

It is a generic one size fits all, it is able to be sized accordingly to the width of each different retaining ring.

It works from 0 through to a number 5 (huge) ring I undid for a friend with an ancient brass looking thingy attached to an 8x10" camera a few weeks ago.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Various types show up on *bay too. Search for lens wrench, or lens spanner.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks guys. Mick I don't mean a specific spanner, just a good quality one. Jandavid i found one on the bay Im just not sure about the quality.
    Best regards

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You might be thinking of micro-tools.com, they carry several and have a European and a U.S. web site. Then there is skgrimes makes a very nice one as well.
    I recently bought one of these; http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ns_Wrench.html which many people have recommended, I've not used it yet though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    sk grimes sells a spanner that is pretty amazing
    designed by steve grimes choice of 2 tips, and it comes in a wood box ( or used to at least ).
    you can find them in the sponsor page (skgrimes.com)too.
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    35mm
    I got one of the cheap "economy" ones from micro-tools a couple of weeks ago, and I've used it a bunch of times. It's a little awkward, and the bar without the thumbscrews likes to fall out, but it certainly does its job. The ends are a little too thick for a lot of my smaller lenses, though. That ended up not being a problem for me (there was enough friction to unscrew them anyway), but might be if you have a particularly tight one.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I used to have an adjustable type that used two round rods to hold the wrenches straight. I think I got it for $15. A waste of money. The one from SKGrimes looks good, but I didn't want to spend that much. I just got one from Linos (formerly Rodenstock) at B&H for $15. It's not adjustable, but has pre-sets for common shutters like Copal 0, 1, and 3. It works great and there are no moving parts to lose.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wauw thanks guys. Thats a lot of options. Yes Microtools was the name of the firm, now I remember.
    Best regards

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have an SK Grimes one somewhere, and while it's great it's not all that good for some older retaining rings with narrow slots or even small holes. I may buy a set from www.micro-tools.de just for those pesky little awkward thingies.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin