Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,152   Online: 978

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Does anywhere other than the Frugal Photographer carry Minox film?

What are you all paying for your Minox film? $10 a roll from the Frugal Photographer is rough for teeny tiny film. Can the cassettes be reloaded? If, so to what width and length must the donor film be cut?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Try these guys. They were very helpful.
    http://www.bluemooncamera.com/index....39f4a801462c11

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, easily reloaded. Try this guy for film: http://www.subclub.org/sponsors/goathil2.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you have a darkroom, or changing bag, I believe you can buy a 'film splitter' for cutting 35mm to fit Minox cartridges.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I've successfully reloaded Minox cassettes -- a bit of practice with a test piece of film helps. The trickiest part is taping the narrow film to the plastic core, in the dark. I happen to use an original Minox film splitter, but I know other, less expensive splitters are available via the web.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    What are you all paying for your Minox film? $10 a roll from the Frugal Photographer is rough for teeny tiny film. Can the cassettes be reloaded? If, so to what width and length must the donor film be cut?
    Yes, save any used cassettes for re-loading.

The width is a nominal 9.5mm but my rolls of pre-loaded Minipan 100 measured 9.25mm in width.

My camera spaces the 36 frames across a film length of about 440mm. Some cameras space the frames a little farther apart.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin