Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,542   Posts: 1,544,397   Online: 1003

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Let's here it for Ries Tripod Manufactures

I had a problem with my J100 tripod. I was out in the field with tripod and RB67 and when I came back to the car I noticed that I had lost one of the assembly screws that attaches the legs to the body gone. The tripod still works without it but I drove over to my local Ace hardware and bought the same assembly to replace what I lost.
    I emailed Ries manufactures to ask how much to tighten down the screws down, sharing what I just shared with you. I got a reply within an hour of my email asking me my address and they would send down replacement parts no charge.
    This is how customer service should be. I didn't ask for replacements just information. They said the screws have to be tight but not too tight.
    I am happy to own my Ries. One of the best buys I made for my photography.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My a100 and 250dt head are among my favorite possessions. Simply beautiful to use and admire.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    There's nothing else like 'em. I'll never use any other make of tripod. Keith's service and customer relationship management are every bit as good as the gear he makes. I know that they're horrifically expensive, but in spite of that Ries tripods offer some of the best value in any photographic product available.

My experience parallels Robert's. I lost one of the lug nuts on a hinge and one of the pins came out before I noticed it. I had a replacement from them in two days.

Agree...the best people to deal with, and the best tripods and heads. If there is a downside, it is that the tripods are so over built that they can be hard to carry on a walk into the woods. Once you have a Ries there is no other tripod that quite compares-and there are lots of good tripods!

Ed

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahler_one View Post
    Agree...the best people to deal with, and the best tripods and heads. If there is a downside, it is that the tripods are so over built that they can be hard to carry on a walk into the woods. Once you have a Ries there is no other tripod that quite compares-and there are lots of good tripods!

Ed
    I use the J600 with J250 head. Since it's collapsible and comes with it's own carrying case, I can carry it all day slung over my shoulder. It's rock solid with my 8x10, which weighs 11 lbs.

I wouldn't use it for ULF, though. I think for that you'd need to go to the A series.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Jim,

You are right for most ULF cameras. I own a Ritter 7x17 and it weighs much less than my Zone VI 8x10. I use a Ries J100-8 with J250 head for both cameras. The combination of the lighter camera with the lighter Ries tripod is a real winner.
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Brummitt View Post
    I had a problem with my J100 tripod. I was out in the field with tripod and RB67 and when I came back to the car I noticed that I had lost one of the assembly screws that attaches the legs to the body gone. The tripod still works without it but I drove over to my local Ace hardware and bought the same assembly to replace what I lost.
    I emailed Ries manufactures to ask how much to tighten down the screws down, sharing what I just shared with you. I got a reply within an hour of my email asking me my address and they would send down replacement parts no charge.
    This is how customer service should be. I didn't ask for replacements just information. They said the screws have to be tight but not too tight.
    I am happy to own my Ries. One of the best buys I made for my photography.
    I am thinking of buying another tripod,Use MD and wanted to know what head you use on your J1oo, thanks

mike c.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have the A100 and A250 head -- and the heavier Zone VI 8x10. I had a problem with the screw that attached the camera to the head -- it would only engage a minimum of threads and compromised the security of the set-up. A quick phone call and a new part was sent my way without having to send the old part in first. Good folks there at Reis!

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

I'm not sure if the lighter J series would adequately support a Deardorff 8x10...and the A series of tripods with the double tilt head is much heavier than the J...the A series in its case is not easy to carry for a long while, especially over the shoulder. Of course, you younger guys do everything easier.....:}

Ed

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    I am thinking of buying another tripod,Use MD and wanted to know what head you use on your J1oo, thanks

mike c.
    The J100 legs with the double tilt J250 head. Winning combo in my mind.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin